Hello from Amarillo

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Widgeteye

Hello from Amarillo

Post by Widgeteye »

Howdy folks.

Well, I got interested in flying when I was 12 years old. My father was stationed in Saran France where there was an Army air field. One of the pilots at the airfield took me up in an Army Otter, I've been hooked ever since. I have dreamed of getting my pilots license for many years but the cost and time have been prohibitive. Now I'm looking at retiring in a couple of years and having learned of the Light Sport Aircraft and the Sport Pilots license from a friend, I have decided that my retirement gift to myself is going to be an LSA and the accompanying license. I learned of this new classification about a year ago and haven't shut up about it since, just ask my wife. :)

She can hardly say no though because we have children and grandchildren in Alaska, Indiana, Missouri and New Braunfels, Tx. Best reason in the world to own a plane eh?

I have learned a lot today just reading the posts on this Forum. Although this activity is going to be a couple of years off in the future, I'm going to try and learn all I can so when the time comes I'll be ahead of the game, hopefully.

Anyway, Hey! to everybody, I'm glad to be here.
Jack Tyler

Post by Jack Tyler »

...and we're glad to have you, Widgeteye. Welcome aboard.

Three new members in the last 24 hrs, and all from Texas. Must mean something...!
Jack
Flying in/out KBZN, Bozeman MT in a Grumman Tiger
Do you fly for recreational purposes? Please visit http://www.theraf.org
Widgeteye

Post by Widgeteye »

Means people in Texas wa t to get high. Hahaha
RyanShort1

Post by RyanShort1 »

Welcome to the forum from another Texan...

Ryan
Independent Flight Instructor at http://www.TexasTailwheel.com. Come fly tailwheel LSA's.
eaglet64

Re: Hello from Amarillo

Post by eaglet64 »

Welcome to the forums widgeteye!
I just joined this forum like a week ago and am enjoying it.
Here you will find a group of aviation lovers who are not afraid to share their valuable experience, and for us wannabes that is like music to our ears!
Claudio Less
Property & Casualty Insurance Agent
Fort Lauderdale, FL.