Hello from Coos Bay Oregon (OTH) and Prescott AZ. (PRC)

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Mtaylor

Hello from Coos Bay Oregon (OTH) and Prescott AZ. (PRC)

Post by Mtaylor »

:lol: I am just starting the studding of witch type of aircraft that I will need. I am going to fly LSA, ELSA,SLSA ? I will be doing allot of flying from Oregon to AZ with my wife. I am 225 and my wife is 145 and 6' tall. Does anyone have any idea's ?
No for some history.
I am a 100% disabled Vet. I have P.T.S.D and I no longer work, so I have allot of time on my hands. I was a Natural gas and propane tech for 20 years. I have not ordered any ground school course's yet ether. Any input would greatly be appreciated.
ct4me

Re: Hello from Coos Bay Oregon (OTH) and Prescott AZ. (PRC)

Post by ct4me »

Welcome Aboard! You're at the beginning of a exciting journey.
KPRC to KOTH is do-able in an LSA, in one day, providing the weax cooperates. I've done kDVT to KBNO (Burns). Of course, the wildcard will always be the Coastal weather.
You probably need to start with a budget, since the mission has been defined.
Do you have your Sport Pilot ticket already?
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
Mtaylor

Post by Mtaylor »

No not yet. I was looking @ the
King and Rainbow schools.
Mtaylor

Post by Mtaylor »

ct4me what type of lsa do you fly?
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

CT, of course! (2006 ctsw)
But there are many good choices out there...
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
Mtaylor

Post by Mtaylor »

I am looking @ a ercoupe 415cd. not fast but durable
Mtaylor

Post by Mtaylor »

Oh buy the way I am in chino valley this mo.
jnmeade

Post by jnmeade »

It is always an eye opener for you and your wife to go sit in airplanes. Getting in and out and simply sitting in them can often quickly show things you like or don't.
I have great confidence in Rainbow Aviation. I took a three week mechanics course from them and found them friendly, competent and current. They are the people I trust most in LSA aviation.
If you are interested in commuting, speed quickly becomes an issue. Space for storage and access in flight can be as well.
For those kinds of trips, an autopilot quickly turns from convenience to necessity. It would be especially nice if you every had to let down through clouds after being trapped above a marine layer. (This would be illegal and an emergency, but it is better than dying.)
ct4me

Post by ct4me »

Unless $$$ is no object, then budget is a big issue.... as the CFI says... "what keeps the aircraft in the air???" answer: Money!
Tim
-----
check out CTFlier.com
drseti

Post by drseti »

jnmeade wrote:I have great confidence in Rainbow Aviation. I took a three week mechanics course from them and found them friendly, competent and current. They are the people I trust most in LSA aviation.
+10! Three of the best weeks of my life. :) I went back for two of their follow-up modules (weight shift and glider), and hope to do the powered parachute add-on when it's offered.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Mtaylor

Post by Mtaylor »

drseti wrote:
jnmeade wrote:I have great confidence in Rainbow Aviation. I took a three week mechanics course from them and found them friendly, competent and current. They are the people I trust most in LSA aviation.
+10! Three of the best weeks of my life. :) I went back for two of their follow-up modules (weight shift and glider), and hope to do the powered parachute add-on when it's offered.
From everything I have read, they have a real good reputation. The company has course's in California also. It is not to far from my Oregon house.
Mtaylor

Post by Mtaylor »

:D I called rainbow and I will be ordering the sport pilot course on the first of the month.