Salutations from sunny Maryland

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Flim63

Salutations from sunny Maryland

Post by Flim63 »

I am a 3 1/2 year sport pilot. I spent 24 years as an air traffic controller at Los Angeles Center and just moved east to work in DC in the Airspace office as an air traffic subject matter expert. I just got my >87Kt endorsement last weekend so I could rent a C162. I own a Rans S12XL E-LSA that is still in California, trying to arrange shipping. I am also contemplating working towards a CFI-S. I post more on that if it pans out. If anybody has questions about ATC, I'll gladly respond. Never worked tracon, just center so more familiar with that.

Jason
drseti

Re: Salutations from sunny Maryland

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Jason, and welcome to the Least Coast. I understand LA Center can be quite a zoo, so I hope your working conditions here are less stressful. Sorry I didn't know about the Rans. I was just in CA last week, and would have been happy to ferry it back East for you.

Always glad to have some ATC expertise on the forums. I'm sure the guys and gals will have lots of questions. If you do decide to get that CFI-S, you're not very far from CSP, which I consider the best LSA flight school in the country -- be sure to make yourself known to Helen Woods (she frequents this venue).

Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US