Hello from NY were to train? NY-NJ-PA near Catskills ?

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

B747

Hello from NY were to train? NY-NJ-PA near Catskills ?

Post by B747 »

hi, i already took a lessons in a lsa, i really liked the school and i wish i could of finish there, but im now overseas and probably ill come to NY in the summer to the Catskills Monticello, and i need a flight school with lsa training aircraft's, in the radios of maximum 1-1,5 hours drive, i want to drive to and back daily, and the other school i really loved is each way almost 3 hours, so please tell me if you know of any lsa training in the area NY-NJ-PA
Be less restricted and more free, by flying to new heights
Flocker

Re: Hello from NY were to train? NY-NJ-PA near Catskills ?

Post by Flocker »

Aviation Real Estate Broker
David

Post by David »

Welcome aboard the forum.

If it would work try to Visit Paul for a week and knock it out since you already have hours.

AvSport of Lock Haven
http://AvSport.org%[email protected]

Also I can recommend Art in Allentown
http://abflight.com/

B747

Post by B747 »

anyone in PA NJ upstate NY? im looking for maximum 1.3 hours driving from Monticello for affordable lsa training, can anyone please point me in the right direction, or even if you have a special cheap location up to 4 hours drive please tell me, maybe it will be worth to sleepover, thanks.
Be less restricted and more free, by flying to new heights
drseti

Post by drseti »

B747 wrote: if you have a special cheap location up to 4 hours drive please tell me, maybe it will be worth to sleepover, thanks.
According to Mapquest, the drive from Monticello NY to Lock Haven PA is 3 hours 38 minutes via Interstate 80. I will immodestly claim that my flight school is indeed special. None of them is cheap! :wink:

Last year, I had a primary student come out from Pittsburgh (4 hours drive each way) two weekends a month, getting in two lessons each visit, staying over in a trailer on the airport (available for a modest donation, much less than a motel). Since he got his license, he still comes out one weekend a month to rent the plane. Until there are more rental LSAs available, that's what folks are having to do. :(
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US