New from Indianapolis (Greenwood) Indiana

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

dean

New from Indianapolis (Greenwood) Indiana

Post by dean »

I have been a Sport Pilot for over two years now. Based at KHFY (Greenwood, Indiana) I currently fly a rented Evector Sportstar. There's not a lot of Sport pilots in y area so I decided to reach out and see what's going on.
Dean
David

Re: New from Indianapolis (Greenwood) Indiana

Post by David »

Not close to Indiana, but welcome to the forum :)
David
EAA 1250 KPTW PA
RV12 EAB - Maiden flight 8/30/12
David's RV12 http://www.rv12pilot.com
drseti

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Dean. I run a small flight school in central PA, and have been using the SportStar as my primary trainer for almost 4 years. There's a ton of free SportStar info (flying, training, and maintenance documents) on my website, http://AvSport.org. Happy browsing!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
dean

Post by dean »

Thanks!
Chemguy

Post by Chemguy »

Hi Dean,
My brother lives in IN and used to keep his Piper there in Greenwood. He was the one that got me started in flying during our visits. Great little airport (as long as the winds are favorable) and much more affordable than here on Long Island. I rent 172's at KHWV on Long Island, NY and have tried a couple of LSA's with the possibility of switching. I am sitting on the sidelines now but, need to get investigating ownership/partnership possibilities some more. It might be a great way to get my brother back into flying again. Maybe, some day, I'll be flying my LSA (wishful thinking) into Greenwood to visit. Welcome to the forum.

Charles
drseti

Post by drseti »

Charles, I'm guessing you fly out of Mid Island. Good operstion. Plesase give my regards to Lou, and Mike Beliner.
Safe skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Chemguy

Post by Chemguy »

Hi Paul,

I will certainly pass on your greetings. I sometimes see Lou over at his other FBO at KISP when I am there for the monthly WINGS safety seminars.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

I just happen to be in Peru, Indiana right now for a birthday party tomorrow (Sat).

Headed home on Sunday, weather permitting.

Greenwood ain't far out of the way, and I could swing over for a soda or something on the way home.
Always looking for an excuse to stop at airports I have not visited before and maybe make new friends.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know: [email protected].
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]