Pilots License

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

sgallagher

Pilots License

Post by sgallagher »

Well after everything that has gone on in my flying I have finally completed everything and am a licensed pilot. It only took three different instructors to get the job done.
My original CFI quit because of airport politics, and it took two years to find another in our area that knew anything about a tailwheel plane. Sad isn't it. after only 4 times with my new CFI I had completed all requirements and was ready for my checkride. The day before my test the weather turned stormy and stayed that way for about 2 weeks. However now we couldn't find the new guy. Seems he took a charter job and was in the Bahamas.
So after three more months we found the third CFI. He signed me off to fly to him about 38 Nautical. After three flights from Centerville TN to Lawrencburg TN He said I was ready and he would schedule my checkride. I had just walked into the door that afternoon and my CFI was on the phone with Chuck. I was to have a bag ready and be in Lawrencburg by 7:30 am, we were going to fly to West Memphis for my Checkride.
The checkride went off without a hitch and not only did I get my sport pilot ticket but got all my sign offs for airspace as well, as my sign off for spin awareness training. I think the DPE was inthralled with the old bird cause once the maneuvers were done he said my plane and played for about 20 minutes.
So needless to say it took me 4 years to get it but I am enjoying it.

On the 18th of this month I took off from our home field and flew approx. 93 nautical to a friends grass strip down by the river in Alabama. Its a really nice little 1000 foot strip amongst the cornfields. camped out there with chuck for the weekend, (he drove the car with camping gear by the way) and took off with a passenger to fly home on Sunday. It was great.
Shanon Gallagher
Merlinspop

Re: Pilots License

Post by Merlinspop »

Congratulations, Shanon!!!

Sorry it took so long, but now it's done and it's time for you to enjoy the privileges! My PPL took about the same amount of time, but for other reasons.

Looking forward to reading stories and seeing pictures from your adventures. :)
- Bruce
sgallagher

Post by sgallagher »

Taken on the river strip last weekend
Taken on the river strip last weekend
PA190216.JPG (100.12 KiB) Viewed 5958 times
Here is a picture of how she looks now with all the new mods. A C85-12 with full electric which means a starter and alt. she has 26" bush wheels, VG's.
Shanon Gallagher
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

She is sooooo sweet looking!
- Bruce
sgallagher

Post by sgallagher »

Yes she is. We just love her to death. Chuck is getting ready to build a SuperT. This will be an experimental Taylorcraft.
It will have a Lycoming O-320 160HP engine, flaps, counterbalanced tail feathers, 31" Bush Wheels, VG's, gapseals, the fuselage will be 4" wider, and will have sticks instead of yokes, and adjustable seats, and a really big baggage compartment with side door access.

I already told him he could have her and I'll keep the old girl we already got. She's mine as far as I'm concerned.
Shanon Gallagher
Alabassa

Post by Alabassa »

Hello, my name is Claudio, I live in Rome Italy, I'm a pilot and fly with my light aircraft, sorry because I speak little English, I hope to learn more words here, I would like to know your world of the fly. in april 2014 I will came in Miami and Tampa where I hope of change the my licenze Italian PPL in FAA. If you have advice I will be thankful.
ciao
claudio
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

Alabassa wrote:Hello, my name is Claudio, I live in Rome Italy, I'm a pilot and fly with my light aircraft, sorry because I speak little English, I hope to learn more words here, I would like to know your world of the fly. in april 2014 I will came in Miami and Tampa where I hope of change the my licenze Italian PPL in FAA. If you have advice I will be thankful.
ciao
claudio
Welcome, Claudio! Best of luck to you.
- Bruce
Alabassa

Post by Alabassa »

Thank you Bruce, flying in U.S. is the my dream, I hope to achieve.
ciao
Claudio