My name is Mark Gregor, Marketing Manager at Tecnam US Inc.

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Mark Gregor

My name is Mark Gregor, Marketing Manager at Tecnam US Inc.

Post by Mark Gregor »

Many of you know me as "Jake" here on the forum. Jake a nickname I used when I joined the forum.
Feel free to call me Jake or Mark, either is fine.
I had been working with the distributor Tecnam North America and will now be working directly with the Tecnam factory as they begin their own presence in the USA. Many of you may have heard of the change. In basic terms Tecnam wants to increase market share in the USA and with two Part 23 aircraft now on the market it is time to step up their presence.
There will be an official announcement in the near future but because the word is spreading I thought it was a good time to let everyone on the forum know.

I have been a little quiet waiting for this to happen and there are still some things undecided but this will obviously be very good for both Tecnam owners and the credibility of the Light sport industry.
Tecnam is the largest manufacturer of LSA aircraft in the world and have a very large modern manufacturing facility.

I am a regular reader on the forum and enjoy discussing all things Tecnam as well as anything else for that matter. Like most pilots I have an opinion but I will try to keep that in check!

You can also PM me if like.

Thanks,
Mark Gregor
theskunk

Re: My name is Mark Gregor, Marketing Manager at Tecnam US

Post by theskunk »

Mark,

Glad to hear this... So this can only mean that your spectacular paint jobs and designs will become standard on all future Tecnam offerings? ;)
Mark Gregor

Post by Mark Gregor »

Thanks for the compliment but the paint design is really from Tecnam.

Tecnam Has three colors choices for the P2008 or basic vinyl decals if you want to save $3400.00

We brought some P2008s in with white paint only and painted the color the customers wanted but it was Tecnams design. Seems like whatever color we have on hand the customer wanted something else!

The aircraft we had at Sebring in January was painted at the factory so we can do it either way.

Most customers have been opting for the full paint but I am sure there will always be someone who will want to save a few bucks and go with the plain vinyl.

Mark
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

Does the vinyl safe any weight? Ounces count.
- Bruce
Mark Gregor

Post by Mark Gregor »

Two pounds.

Mark
enelson

Post by enelson »

Thanks! Looking forward to any news about LSA...

I see your from the Land of 10,000 (frozen) Lakes....I grew up in Duluth and still get up there at least once a year...
drseti

Post by drseti »

enelson wrote:I see your from the Land of 10,000 (frozen) Lakes
I just saw in a FaceBook post today that NASA has recently discovered liquid water on the surface of Minnesota. As a SETI scientist in my previous life, I find this very promising. Perhaps some day we'll find intelligent life there! :wink:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US