Hello from San Fernando valley, Los Angeles.

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

jtaylo0625

Hello from San Fernando valley, Los Angeles.

Post by jtaylo0625 »

I am John, 40yr old male from Los Angeles - soon to take my first "discovery" flight at Santa Monica Airport in a couple of weeks, with a view to (eventually) getting my Sport Pilot Certificate.
Always wanted to do my PPL but marriage, kids etc etc didn't allow my funds to stretch that far but, fortunately, I've just discovered the Sports Pilot Certificate.
I am an A and P in my day job but always wanted to be able to fly - I'm sure it will (should) help give me a better understanding of my day job too...
David

Re: Hello from San Fernando valley, Los Angeles.

Post by David »

Welcome to the forum. You are going to enjoy the journey as you become a pilot. :)
David
EAA 1250 KPTW PA
RV12 EAB - Maiden flight 8/30/12
David's RV12 http://www.rv12pilot.com
drseti

Re: Hello from San Fernando valley, Los Angeles.

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, John. As an A&P, you're well schooled in maintenance of certified aircraft. Let me point out that the rules are different for aircraft with a Special Airworthiness Certificate (e.g., LSAs), and those rules are not taught in A&P school. So, as an aspiring Sport Pilot, you are in a unique position to distinguish yourself as one of the few A&P mechanics who truly understands LSAs.

Enjoy the ride, and do keep us posted here on your progress.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US