Hello from Bucks County, PA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

designrs

Re: Hello from Bucks County, PA

Post by designrs »

Do you get it CTLSi? You are really bothering people here. We have had enough.
Last edited by designrs on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
CTLSi

Post by CTLSi »

Last edited by CTLSi on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

SportPilot wrote:Why would someone come to an internet site called "Sport Pilot Talk" and then belittle Sport Pilots? Clearly, he is not here for a constructive discussion of Sport Pilot activities, but to disrupt for his own entertainment.
Something is seriously wrong. That's why.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

CTLSi wrote: My comments are just as valid as anyone else's. I don't engage in personal attacks or publish real names or personal information. I offer solid, valid and relevant aviation information.
If this were truly the case no one would have an issue with what you post.
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJChenMPH

Post by AJChenMPH »

designrs wrote:Well Andy congrats. That kitty rescue is a pretty long flight especially for a new pilot at this time of year, weather and short days. How did you coordinate that? Was it challenging?
Somewhat, but not too bad -- clouds made me fly lower than I wanted. I started at 7,500 to fly over the NYC Class B, but eventually got forced down to 3,500 and caused the LGA controller to scramble a bit and vector me out over LI Sound. I got to overfly LGA, though, so that was kind of cool. :) Flight both ways was bumpy. I was at least able to fly home at 4,500, but then got diverted around to the north in the NYC Class B -- overflew the Tappan Zee Bridge before they let me turn south again. Manhattan from that vantage point is very cool. I've taken the NYC SFRA course, so a flight up/down the Hudson is on the "to-do" list.

As for why I'm here -- I stated it pretty clearly in my first post in this thread that I'm interested in buying an LSA for personal use (and likely will get into the Storm Century partnership that I posted about in the Partnerships forum) as opposed to a Part 23 plane (or certificated plane...or into whatever a Cessna 172-class plane falls). Never came here to bash sport pilots, and I know I haven't intentionally posted anything yet with the intention to offend anyone. And if I unintentionally offended someone, then my apologies up front.
Andy / PP-ASEL
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

CTLSi wrote:My comments are just as valid as anyone else's.
No they are not. You are an arrogant, inexperienced rookie that has a history of posting false claims and condescending comments about things you do not have a clue about. I have no idea how young you are, but you need to grow up and stop grinding your axe.
CTLSi wrote:I don't engage in personal attacks or publish real names or personal information.
More BS. You have mentioned my name on more than one occasion and are the poster child here on personal attacks.
CTLSi wrote:I offer solid, valid and relevant aviation information.
No you do not. It did not take some of us long to become suspect for anything that you post. Even though you are often proven wrong, I have never seen you post a retraction or correction to anything. That is a sign of narcissism.
We are really fed up with you.
3Dreaming wrote:. . . "If this were truly the case no one would have an issue with what you post." . . .
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

CTLSi wrote:My comments are just as valid as anyone else's.
Many of you comments are patently false, based purely by your misperceptions and skewed view of the realities of General Aviation.
CTLSi wrote:I don't engage in personal attacks or publish real names or personal information.
You most certainly have done the former. I don't recall you doing the latter.
CTLSi wrote:I offer solid, valid and relevant aviation information.
'Solid' much like bull excrement is solid. I already covered 'valid'. 'Relevant'; hardly.
CTLSi wrote:When others behave the same way, the board becomes important and a good resource for new and existing pilots.
When others correct your falsehoods and misrepresentations, the board becomes important and a good resource for new and existing pilots. I would caution anyone to seek a second opinion about anything you write.
CTLSi wrote:Those who are offering good information on this board and not just blatant and ego based opinion are fine with my participation. And I appreciate what they offer. The board is watched by many who do not post and are looking for an honest and direct discussion.
This board is owned, operated and moderated by just one person. His is the only opinion that matters on this board. I will not speak for the rest of this community. I believe, on the whole, that your contributions provide a negative net value to this board. But my opinion does not matter in this regard. Nor does yours.
CTLSi wrote:The controversy over sport pilot and the medical issue. And over the forward evolution of GA and the changes and mandates for ADS-B, and the use of new materials and new digital capability are important topics and deserve an adult level of discussion.
The 'controversy' is of your making.
- Bruce
Merlinspop

Post by Merlinspop »

AJChenMPH wrote:
As for why I'm here -- I stated it pretty clearly in my first post in this thread that I'm interested in buying an LSA for personal use (and likely will get into the Storm Century partnership that I posted about in the Partnerships forum) as opposed to a Part 23 plane (or certificated plane...or into whatever a Cessna 172-class plane falls). Never came here to bash sport pilots, and I know I haven't intentionally posted anything yet with the intention to offend anyone. And if I unintentionally offended someone, then my apologies up front.
No one was questioning YOUR presence here.
Sorry that your thread was hijacked by someone else's agenda.
- Bruce
designrs

Post by designrs »

AJChenMPH wrote:
designrs wrote:Well Andy congrats. That kitty rescue is a pretty long flight especially for a new pilot at this time of year, weather and short days. How did you coordinate that? Was it challenging?
Somewhat, but not too bad -- clouds made me fly lower than I wanted. I started at 7,500 to fly over the NYC Class B, but eventually got forced down to 3,500 and caused the LGA controller to scramble a bit and vector me out over LI Sound. I got to overfly LGA, though, so that was kind of cool. :) Flight both ways was bumpy. I was at least able to fly home at 4,500, but then got diverted around to the north in the NYC Class B -- overflew the Tappan Zee Bridge before they let me turn south again. Manhattan from that vantage point is very cool. I've taken the NYC SFRA course, so a flight up/down the Hudson is on the "to-do" list.
VFR traveling in the Northeast has not been easy recently. It appears that you did an outstanding job managing that trip!
SportPilot

Post by SportPilot »

Last edited by SportPilot on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJChenMPH

Post by AJChenMPH »

designrs wrote:VFR traveling in the Northeast has not been easy recently. It appears that you did an outstanding job managing that trip!
Thanks, but I got a little lucky -- the system that caused the snowfall on Thursday night lifted out early Friday, and I was able to make the flight. Made the go/no-go decision at 10am -- I had the plane booked from 10am to 4pm, figuring it would take me an average of 2 hours each way, and leaving enough time to pre-flight on both ends, gassing up in Norwood, etc. Got back to Trenton right about 3:30pm.

I was fortunate to have a good CFI that brought me into the NYC and Philly Class B's a couple of times, so I'm not intimidated by them. And without meaning to toot my own horn, I sound like I know what I'm doing on the radio (too many years as a first responder), which is probably the most important factor when dealing with NYC comtrollers...not actual flying skills (sadly).

It may be all for naught, though -- the cat's gone missing from her new home already. :(

No worries re: thread hijack -- I've done that myself a few times on here. :)
Andy / PP-ASEL
designrs

Post by designrs »

Andy, you were either really good, really lucky or most likely both! ... and you had the rental aircraft constraint as well. I have really been struggling to make cross countries in the Northeast lately, and that's with a mostly flexible schedule.
AJChenMPH

Post by AJChenMPH »

I'll take luck over skill any day. :)
Andy / PP-ASEL