Tom from Central Texas

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

tomgillotti

Tom from Central Texas

Post by tomgillotti »

Hello! I have recently become interested in aircraft ownership and decided to check out some forums as they usually contain some great information. I am a new(ish) pilot. I earned my private cert. in 2011 and was awarded my commercial in 2014. I fly for a living and LOVE my job. I am interested in the leisurely side of flying. I recently stumbled onto some videos on YouTube that got me curious. So, now I am here to try to learn and hopefully figure out if aircraft ownership is for me. I'll probably start by posting some in the Light Sport forums as this is where my search is beginning.

A little about me: I am a husband to a great wife and father to an awesome little 2 1/2 year old. I am originally from Buffalo, NY (Go Bills!!) and have moved around to a few different places and our next stop is Texas. I wish I had some more hobbies, but that's kind of why I'm here... for the most part I like to watch football and hockey, go to the gym, play video games (yup... kind of a nerd), and FLY!!

Thanks for checking out my intro! See you in the forums and maybe in the sky soon, too.
drseti

Re: Tom from Central Texas

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Tom. I'm sure you'll find many posts of interest here. If you have questions that don't seem to be answered in any of the existing threads, please don't hesitate to post them.

So, you say you fly for a living? What kind of job, equipment, and routes?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
tomgillotti

Post by tomgillotti »

Paul,

Thanks for the welcome. I fly cargo airplanes... we haul people, cargo, etc. ;)
drseti

Post by drseti »

Still curious about the type of aircraft, and the routes or region over which you fly. I'm sure LSA, if you go in that direction, would be a whole different experience.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
tomgillotti

Post by tomgillotti »

I am a C-130 pilot. Just recently graduated initial qual, so I couldn't really tell you where I'll be flying.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Got it, Tom. Thanks. I'm ex-USAF (from 50 yrs ago, when that bird was new...)
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
tomgillotti

Post by tomgillotti »

Awesome! Did you fly when you were in? What did you fly, if so?
drseti

Post by drseti »

Mostly, I flew a desk. I got stuck with Command Post duty in SE Asia, which actually saved my a$$.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US