Hello All!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Saagr

Hello All!

Post by Saagr »

I’m new to the forum and lurked around a bit; figured I should introduce myself. I’m a new sport pilot, got my ticket back in November and got my controlled airspace endorsement after that; unfortunately haven’t flown too much since then because life got in the way. Im looking forward to learning from you all and being a part of the community.
David

Re: Hello All!

Post by David »

Welcome

Where are you located? Give use a little back ground on you and what LSA did you train in?
David
EAA 1250 KPTW PA
RV12 EAB - Maiden flight 8/30/12
David's RV12 http://www.rv12pilot.com
Saagr

Post by Saagr »

Thanks for the welcome! I should’ve included that in my initial post. I’ve been interested in aviation since I was much younger but never really had the opportunity to learn how to fly; my family wasn’t into aviation and where I grew up there was a relative lack of airports/flight schools. Peripherally, I ended up working in a field that deals with aviation so I guess that was a bit of an in.

Fast forward, I was in southwest Ohio until recently but work moved me over to Europe for a few years; I’m not counting on being able to do any flying in this part of the world. Most of my training was in a Tecnam P92 but I also logged time in a Remos GX, J3 Cub, and 7AC Champ; of those the P92 was my favorite and I really wasn’t a fan of the GX (I kept hitting my head on the spar).

I picked the sport license since it fit my mission; I didn’t really want to fly with more than one other person and didn’t want to fly at night or bad weather. Maybe at some point in the future I’ll look at knocking out a PPL but for the time being the sport license suits me fine.

Sometime in the future I plan on buying my own LSA but want to be able to try out a few more models before committing to anything.
JimParker256

Post by JimParker256 »

Welcome aboard. If you make it to the Dallas, TX area, PM me and I would be happy to take you up for a flight in my RANS S-6 E-LSA. Cheap, fun flying at its best! Tons of them flying in Europe as well.
Jim Parker
2007 RANS S-6ES (Rotax 912ULS)
Light Sport Repairman - Airplane - Inspection
Farmersville, TX
Saagr

Post by Saagr »

Thanks for the offer! I’ll certainly keep it in mind if I’m ever in the area. Can’t say I’ve ever flown an S-6 but it’s a nice looking plane!