Learning to fly

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

MikeM

Learning to fly

Post by MikeM »

Hi to everyone. I recently took the big step and am starting flying lessons. I've wanted to be a pilot most of my life and took ground school classes in 1982 with my brother. He eventually got his license and I got married, had a family and so on. I've got lots of right seat time flying with my brother but never worked on getting my license until now.

I became interested in pursuing my license when the sport pilot category was created. That kind of flying (and the cost) appealed to me and when a local business man bought a Flight Design CT I signed up for lessons. I've had one lesson so far and can't wait for the next.
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

congrats,

maybe you want to visit the ctsw forum? http://www.ctflyer.com
CTflyer

Post by CTflyer »

Mike - welcome to SPT!

Tell us about your school (?), your cfi, how your lessons are going, etc.

There's not enough info around about the details of actually learning to be a sport pilot. Do you have a written outline of what you're learning? What's it costing you to rent the CT? What's the cfi charge per hour? How do you handle insurance, etc.?

Congratulations to you on getting back into lessons!

Tom