Hello from 76N

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Cub flyer

Hello from 76N

Post by Cub flyer »

Saying hello.

I own and operate a small family airport in Tunkhannock PA. 76N.

flight school doing some SP training.

3rd generation. Both sides of the family are pilots.

We fly lots of odd stuff and have fun. I'm partial to the small basic airplanes and so thats why I'm here. Also enjoy teaching and finding simple solutions to FAA and flying.

Run a maintenance and rebuild shop for all types, some radial engine overhauls, lots of fabric work, welding, wood work. everything in house.

Been a skydive pilot, corporate pilot, bush flying in Alaska, skis, current flight instructor, test flying, scud running, aerobatics, seaplanes. Was director of maintenance for an Alaska 135 operation.

76 different types of airplanes. All are fun.

Started with Plastic then free flight rubber and finally RC models. Still active in that. Did a lot of RC flight instruction for years and then moved into full size as age allowed. Soloed on 16th birthday, Private on 17th.

growing up we always had some remains of an airplane to haul home or pack into the basement. Parts everywhere. Still looks the same.

Live, sleep, breathe aviation.

I type fast and too long so sorry in advance.

Anyone is welcome to come and see us and talk flying. We're here every day except during oshkosh week.

Friendly place but if you stay too long I'll put you to work rib stitching.