Hi there!

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

AustrianGuy

Hi there!

Post by AustrianGuy »

from North Carolina. I'm about to start training with Pressley Aviation in Indian Trail. Planing to fly just for the fun and challenge, therefore Sport Pilot.

But... since I am a potentially dangerous alien .... PAPERWORK with the TSA!

Have Fun,

Christoph

p.s. Don't get me wrong here, I am just a cynical old bas..rd, what happened on 9/11 is beyond awful and if me having to "endure" some paperwork can prevent that from happening again, even by just a little .... I'm fine with paperwork!
drseti

Re: Hi there!

Post by drseti »

AustrianGuy wrote:But... since I am a potentially dangerous alien .... PAPERWORK with the TSA!
Not just that, but fingerprinting, photos, money, and background check by the FBI, followed with more paperwork and another photo at your FBO (which, BTW, needs to be a TSA-approved Alien Flight Training Provider).
if me having to "endure" some paperwork can prevent that from happening again, even by just a little .... I'm fine with paperwork!
As a flight school operator, I can't say that I agree with you. Many of my foreign students have just given up on the paperwork and six-month waits -- not because they're terrorists, but because they're being treated as though they were. My favorite is a Canadian student (now graduated and a renter pilot), US permanent resident with a green card, CDL, job, wife, kids, house... who was treated with unreasonable suspicion because, everybody knows, this nation is rife with Canadian sleeper agents, just waiting for orders from the Queen to corrupt us with promises of affordable medications.

But the worst experience I had was with a US citizen, from Brooklyn, who's a highly respected surgeon. His first name just happens to be Mohammad, and his last name is distinctly Moslem. He happens to be a Christian (not that that should matter), whose parents just happened to like that name. I'll bet you can guess how the TSA treated him!

Kind of reminds me of Obama's first presidential campaign, when a reporter asked him, "Barack Hussein Obama -- what the hell were your parents thinking?"

His answer: "They were thinking I was never going to run for president."

Anyway, welcome aboard! Enjoy the journey, and fly safely.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
FrankR

Post by FrankR »

There are a few of us North Carolinians on this board.

Your location seems new to me. Goose Creek. Pressley Aviation. What LSA do they have? What are their rental rates?
Frank
Fayetteville, NC
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

And I'm adjacent to the western part of your state, about 5 miles from the NC border.

Plan a day trip west to Copperhill, TN (1A3) some time and we can do lunch!
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
AustrianGuy

Post by AustrianGuy »

FrankR wrote:There are a few of us North Carolinians on this board.

Your location seems new to me. Goose Creek. Pressley Aviation. What LSA do they have? What are their rental rates?
They have a J3 for $85/h wet and a Paradise P1 for $99/h wet

Small airport, small company, and you better not drive a Ferrari to the place (gravel with some potholes :wink: ) but seems nice and down-to-earth NOT "big-corp-we-do-you-a-favor-to-take-you" kind of operation. Beware of cats stalking you.

http://learn2flyhere.com/

Christoph
jnmeade

Post by jnmeade »

Christoph,

Servus. Wer fü pforzt, der braucht koan Orzt. (Nie mann hier braucht ein Orzt.)