Future Sport Pilot in Fredericksburg, Va

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

sportpilotflyer

Future Sport Pilot in Fredericksburg, Va

Post by sportpilotflyer »

Hello everyone!
I'm Marvin. I'm a business owner who's becoming a bit of an aviation enthusiast. I'll probably own an LSA one day. I may even build one, but I'm definitely going to learn to fly one so I'm here to learn all I can as I put my master plan together. This site has been a great read so far.
drseti

Re: Future Sport Pilot in Fredericksburg, Va

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Marvin! I'm curious just what kind of business you own (and hope for the sake of your financial health that it's not a flight school).

Please remember that, as a Sport Pilot, you are prohibited from flying for any purpose even remotely connecte to your business (unless it happens to be a flight school).

Safe Skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
sportpilotflyer

Re: Future Sport Pilot in Fredericksburg, Va

Post by sportpilotflyer »

drseti wrote:Welcome aboard, Marvin! I'm curious just what kind of business you own (and hope for the sake of your financial health that it's not a flight school).

Please remember that, as a Sport Pilot, you are prohibited from flying for any purpose even remotely connecte to your business (unless it happens to be a flight school).

Safe Skies,
Paul
Nothing as exciting as a flight school. I'm in insurance. I'm in flying strictly for recreation. Futzing is my mission. Mainly small hop day trips and maybe a $100 hamburger now and again. My only passenger would be Burgess, my 2 year old Vizsla. My wife is strictly "ground support" for now.