2007 AMD 601XLB for sale

Got something to buy or sell? Post it here!

Moderator: drseti

JJay

Re: 2007 AMD 601XLB for sale

Post by JJay »

How does converting from SLSA to ELSA affect insurance rates?

Post by Wm.Ince »

JJay wrote:How does converting from SLSA to ELSA affect insurance rates?
My experience shows . . . not significantly.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

When I converted my SLSA to ELSA my annual premium went from $863 in 2016 to $924 in 2017. Not a big deal.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Wm.Ince wrote:
ShawnM wrote:. . . . . seeing Bill write what he did surprises me. Ask him about going experimental just a year ago and you would have gotten a different answer. Seems like just yesterday he and I would go round and round about going experimental, he was totally against it for so long.
I don't think that is quite accurate. As you may recall, I actually took my airplane E-LSA 18 months ago.
I didn't research the time frame exactly, I was just pointing out how you used to bust my balls for converting to experimental and it would negatively affect many aspects of any LSA aircraft.

And you are tight, no one knows what their plane is worth until the day they sell it.
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

I know of several people who have converted and saw no increase or decrease in their premium because of the conversion.
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

ShawnM wrote:
Wm.Ince wrote:
ShawnM wrote:. . . . . seeing Bill write what he did surprises me. Ask him about going experimental just a year ago and you would have gotten a different answer. Seems like just yesterday he and I would go round and round about going experimental, he was totally against it for so long.
I don't think that is quite accurate. As you may recall, I actually took my airplane E-LSA 18 months ago.

I have been in the light sport arena now for 6 years. Initially, when I first approached the GA market, I was very skeptical of the 'experimental' label. There seemed to be a consensus, amongst many first time buyers, myself included, to steer clear of experimental, for the reasons previously stated. That's why I did not even consider one. As I opined before, I think the climate has changed. The experimental market has grown a lot over that period, to the point where more informed buyers are becoming more comfortable with its possibilities and advantages. Forums such as this one and others have provided good information on its merits.

Just for the record . . . it has always been my position, that you will never really know how "experimental" affects the value of your airplane, until the day you sell it. I still stand by that.
. . . . I was just pointing out how you used to bust my balls for converting to experimental and it would negatively affect many aspects of any LSA aircraft. . . . .
Up until this point, I had no idea that's the way you perceived my commentary on the percieved drawbacks on going experimental. I think some fair points were presented. I had no idea you were thin skinned on the subject and came away with ruffled feathers. Sorry you took it so personal. It was never intended that way.

I guess from now on, I shall be more careful on any feedback I direct your way. I am finished with this.
Bill Ince
LSRI
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Wm.Ince wrote:Up until this point, I had no idea that's the way you perceived my commentary on the percieved drawbacks on going experimental. I think some fair points were presented. I had no idea you were thin skinned on the subject and came away with ruffled feathers. Sorry you took it so personal. It was never intended that way.

I guess from now on, I shall be more careful on any feedback I direct your way. I am finished with this.
Oh Bill, I'm not at all bothered by our conversations, no thin skin or ruffled feathers here. I loved our back and forth, good conversation. I was just pointing out that you saw it as very negative for so long and now you are experimental and seems to love it. :mrgreen:
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

ShawnM wrote:
Wm.Ince wrote:Up until this point, I had no idea that's the way you perceived my commentary on the percieved drawbacks on going experimental. I think some fair points were presented. I had no idea you were thin skinned on the subject and came away with ruffled feathers. Sorry you took it so personal. It was never intended that way.

Oh Bill, I'm not at all bothered by our conversations, no thin skin or ruffled feathers here. I loved our back and forth, good conversation. I was just pointing out that you saw it as very negative for so long and now you are experimental and seems to love it. :mrgreen:
I don’t think I have ever seen ShawnM with ruffled feathers ... not even with Tim Taylor doing his Tim Taylor thing :D
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

ShawnM wrote:. . . . Oh Bill, I'm not at all bothered by our conversations, no thin skin or ruffled feathers here. I loved our back and forth, good conversation. I was just pointing out that you saw it as very negative for so long and now you are experimental and seems to love it. :mrgreen:
I will admit . . I was skeptical. Now I are one [experimental]!
Okay . . . well all good then.
Back to normal. :D
Bill Ince
LSRI
zodiac flyer

Post by zodiac flyer »

I had no increase in my insurance.
Switching my airplane from SLSA to ELSA was the best thing I ever did to my aircraft.
Dave
N601XP
Type47

Post by Type47 »

Thanks for this, guys.
When I read this this morning, I almost blew coffee into my popcorn.
It reminds me of the good old TT days.
Type47
LSRI
INTJ
2006 Tecnam P92 Echo Super
Don’t do the thing that almost killed you until you at least get the staples taken out of your head first….
nbjeeptj

Post by nbjeeptj »

Sold.