Light Sport Instructors in North Geogia

Finally, a place for sport pilot instructors and/or wannabees to talk about instructing.

Moderator: drseti

gtylerdowdy

Light Sport Instructors in North Geogia

Post by gtylerdowdy »

Does anyone know a CFI or CFIS in North Georgia that is open to doing flight training in a new S-LSA at a grass strip?

I know that's a very specific question, haha. I just figured there might be a freelance or retired CFI that would be open to helping me finish my Sport License. And of course I would compensate the person for it.

I am out of a grass strip in Cleveland, GA (0GE5).
drseti

Re: Light Sport Instructors in North Geogia

Post by drseti »

Our own Fast Eddie has a house in North GA, and a hangar on a private airport in TN, and is in fact a CFI. He's also the second most active member of this forum. So chances are good he'll chime in here.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

drseti wrote:Our own Fast Eddie has a house in North GA, and a hangar on a private airport in TN, and is in fact a CFI. He's also the second most active member of this forum. So chances are good he'll chime in here.
You can't determine most active just by post count. He may be second in post count, but not by much, just 34 after this post. :D
drseti

Post by drseti »

Well, Tom, you're catching up! The competition is getting hot, and I'm breathless with excitement... :wink:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Hi there!

The good news is I'm not too far away. My Sky Arrow is now based at a grass strip in Lenoir City, TN (80TN), just west of Knoxville. I also periodically commute to a second home in N GA, nearest airport Copperhill, TN (1A3).

More good news is I've kept my CFI current. But most of my instruction recently has been Flight Reviews, aircraft checkouts, tailwheel instruction and occasional "tune-ups" of a pilot's problem areas, mostly landings.

Given that, I'd love to get together for an initial free consult to see if I can be of any assistance, or just chat. I'd be happy to fly with you to work on maneuvers, landings, or whatever. I just don't think I'm in a position to take on a student and guide them through the checkride process.

Let me know if any of that might help.

Edited to add: We're headed out on a camping trip to FL later today, and will be gone a couple weeks.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Here is the plane in question - very lovely looking I must say ....
E15E00E3-2517-4D6B-8833-866FF05143F0.jpeg
E15E00E3-2517-4D6B-8833-866FF05143F0.jpeg (95.93 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
drseti

Post by drseti »

AeroTrek is a great aircraft, which will make a fine trainer. It's based upon the 1980s Avid Flyer design (as is the KitFox). I've flown the A220 (tailwheel version).
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Post some pictures of the panel ... when I was looking at these planes a few years back the only options were either an AvMAP mini Efis setup or Dynon D10 ... which frankly is plenty for LSA planes.
gtylerdowdy

Post by gtylerdowdy »

More good news is I've kept my CFI current. But most of my instruction recently has been Flight Reviews, aircraft checkouts, tailwheel instruction and occasional "tune-ups" of a pilot's problem areas, mostly landings.
Thanks for the reply FastEddie!

I would love to do some stuff like that. My CFI is 2 hours away (in Murphy, NC) so if I had someone to go up with and just practice maneuvers, that would be awesome!

And yes, the above plane is me. The internet is a scary place, haha.

It's an Aerotrek A240. 37 hours TT on her and I got a fresh annual on Saturday from Aerotrek.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Not really that scary ... I keep telling people , if you post something on a forum with tens of thousands of people ( in this case Facebook ) you pretty much make that bit of information public :D