Clubs in LA with LSA?

There's hundreds of flying clubs around the country that own and manage aircraft for their members. Aside from the camaraderie, clubs make flying more affordable.

Moderator: drseti

cross

Clubs in LA with LSA?

Post by cross »

Hey all, I'm curious if any of you are from the Los Angeles area and know of any equity clubs or just flying clubs that have LSA in their fleet available to members? None of the clubs I've come across through googling seem to have any LSA. I've found a couple places that rent LSA by the hour (Corsair out of Van Nuys and Santa Monica Flyers) but they aren't clubs I don't think, more flight schools that also rent their planes. Thanks!
drseti

Re: Clubs in LA with LSA?

Post by drseti »

AOPA is doing a lot to promote equity flying clubs, and may have records of which aircraft are flying where. You can call their Pilot Information Center. If you're not already an AOPA member, you should join - they offer a six month free introductory to student pilots.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
cross

Re: Clubs in LA with LSA?

Post by cross »

Thanks, I just joined. I looked at the handful of flying clubs they have listed on their site in the Los Angeles area but none appear to have any LSA according to their club descriptions. You still think calling might unearth a club not listed in their website database?