Rotax rubber hose 5 year replacement costs

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

Warmi

Re: Rotax rubber hose 5 year replacement costs

Post by Warmi »

MrMorden wrote:
David wrote:
MrMorden wrote:
Re: 5 year replacement, plan on extending beyond 5 years but check them each year during the conditional and see how it goes
That's good. I looked at the coat of those Teflon hoses and hated to think you planned to pay that every 5 years! My CT has a couple of Teflon hoses on the top of the engine from the factory. I wish they had done Teflon everywhere.

Maybe at the next rubber change I'll bite the bullet and go all Teflon so I never have to replace them again. Some of them are a real PITA to get to well enough to change them.

Is Rotax ok with using Teflon hoses ? I don’t see anything about hoses in the Master Equipment list for my plane so I presume that this is covered by the typical “ if Rotax approves then so do we” approach used for engine components ...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois