Rotax burping sound

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

3Dreaming

Re: Rotax burping sound

Post by 3Dreaming »

Nomore767 wrote:I always remove the oil tank cap before burping less air pressure to the tank and the gurgling sound is louder.
Just my technique.
I can't imagine that there is much pressure restriction in the 5/16" breather line, especially with the volume of air that is being pumped into the tank.
Nomore767

Re: Rotax burping sound

Post by Nomore767 »

3Dreaming wrote:
Nomore767 wrote:I always remove the oil tank cap before burping less air pressure to the tank and the gurgling sound is louder.
Just my technique.
I can't imagine that there is much pressure restriction in the 5/16" breather line, especially with the volume of air that is being pumped into the tank.
Maybe not but since I'm taking the oil cap off anyway in order to check the oil level its really moot...plus I can hear the gurgle louder.