Fire resistant Paint

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

Dave C

Fire resistant Paint

Post by Dave C »

My Evektor Sportstar comes with an off white paint on the insides of the fiberglass cowls that surround the engine. This is supposedly fire resistant.

On my Sportstar this paint is in poor condition and needs to be redone. The problem is the specified paint is no longer available. Does anyone know of a similar product that could be used? If I find something roughly equivalent I can ask for Evektor's approval to use.

Thanks.

-Dave
3Dreaming

Re: Fire resistant Paint

Post by 3Dreaming »

I bought some from this company November 2020, https://www.fireretardantsinc.com/ . It was recommended by Flight Design USA for coating the firewall. I still have some left, but I don't know if it is still good. The link I had from back then comes up empty for the product.

You might also try Airtime Aviation. They might have some they would be willing to sell.
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

3Dreaming wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:38 pm I bought some from this company November 2020, https://www.fireretardantsinc.com/ . It was recommended by Flight Design USA for coating the firewall. I still have some left, but I don't know if it is still good. The link I had from back then comes up empty for the product.

You might also try Airtime Aviation. They might have some they would be willing to sell.
Do you have the name of the specific product you have? Maybe from the container that you have left?
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

Flame Control 46081 is the name on the label.