5 Year Rubber Replacement?

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

3Dreaming

Re: 5 Year Rubber Replacement?

Post by 3Dreaming »

drseti wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:04 pm The Rotax line maintenance manual, section 05-10-00 paragraph 2.1 page 8, says:
The following components and systems must be replaced every 5 years:

... all rubber hoses of the fuel system (incl. Teflon hoses)
Paul,
The last two versions of the line maintenance manual don't have a page 8 in section 05-10-00. I think you have to go pretty far back for the manual to include replacing the Teflon hoses. Also look at SI-912-022 Cancellation of the 5 year change interval for Teflon fuel hoses.

https://www.rotax-owner.com/pdf/MML_912 ... 4-Rev1.pdf
drseti

Post by drseti »

Thanks, Tom. I'll check the edition of my MM, and update as necessary.

BTW, that's the problem with working from a hardcopy manual. OTOH, working from a PDF on a phone, laptop, or tablet has problems of its own.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

My office is just a few steps from the shop. I have a 32" TV for a monitor on my computer, and I often enlarge the pages. I will print any pages I need to take to the shop.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Sounds like a good strategy.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US