Possible partnership in CT Goodspeed

Looking for a partner? No, we're not talking about dating. Partnerships are another way to bring down the cost of flying. Use this forum to find like-minded folks in your neighborhood.

Moderator: drseti

Atrosa

Possible partnership in CT Goodspeed

Post by Atrosa »

I'm floating the possibility of starting a partnership in CT at Goodspeed airport. Here are the particulars:

Goodspeed 42B: available hangers at about 350 per month.
No fuel which is fine because it will resist the temptation of using 100LL sludge.

The Plane: Either sportcruiser or GOBOSH. About 50k so 25k each.

We will figure out the per hour leaving enough for reserve and incidentals.

Scheduling: I only want 1 partner. I will mainly fly during the week so rarely fly weekend.

If your a jerk or sloppy don't bother. If you want to skip maintainance or SBs don't bother. If you slap it down hard and quietly put it away .... You guessed it dont bother. I don't care if you break it just man up. I also don't care if you are a man or woman or undecided. Just not a jerk. This is only possible if we get along. I don't need a partner but i will with the right person.

PM me if interested.
Tony
TimTaylor

Re: Possible partnership in CT Goodspeed

Post by TimTaylor »

Usually, partnerships work better when they decide those things together.
Retired from flying.
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Right but if they want a carbon cub or know that they will stretch maintainance than why not discuss it now.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Atrosa wrote:Right but if they want a carbon cub or know that they will stretch maintainance than why not discuss it now.
I'm just saying it might be easier to find potential partners if you approach it with an open mind.
Retired from flying.
nub_pilot

Post by nub_pilot »

I'm open to it, Godspeed is a bit of a distance, but willing to consider for the right deal.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

There might be a better place half-way between.
Retired from flying.
nub_pilot

Post by nub_pilot »

Tim,
where are you located? I'm originally from Appleton and uncle instructed out of Shiocton but moved to Mercer. Unfortunately he teaches PPL and I have to limit to Spl due to medical issues.
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

TimTaylor wrote:Usually, partnerships work better when they decide those things together.
Concur totally.

A good read is, "How to make friends and influence people."
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

nub_pilot wrote:Tim,
where are you located? I'm originally from Appleton and uncle instructed out of Shiocton but moved to Mercer. Unfortunately he teaches PPL and I have to limit to Spl due to medical issues.
I'm in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta. I lived in Neenah, WI for 5 years from 1975 to 1980.
Retired from flying.
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

TimTaylor wrote:
Atrosa wrote:Right but if they want a carbon cub or know that they will stretch maintainance than why not discuss it now.
I'm just saying it might be easier to find potential partners if you approach it with an open mind.
We can agree to disagree. I've never been divorced and I'm married 23 years because I was upfront prior to our partnership. I didn't jump into it hoping we were on the same page. We have the same goals and outlook on life. Once in the partnership there will be compromise but if they want a Remos or CTLS why bother?
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

I've been married 51 years. Together 4 1/2 years before we got married. I've been in 3 airplane partnerships and one beach condo partnership. Yes, we can agree to disagree. However, if you are going to decide everything on your own, you will greatly narrow down your potential partners.

Ruling out high-wing LSA's because you think they are ugly is very short-sighted. For instance, the Flight Design is the most popular LSA for a reason. Having been flying less than a year, there is probably more about LSA that you don't know than what you do know.

Anyway, good luck with your search. I hope you find someone and an airplane that you will enjoy. Partnerships are a good way to own an airplane IMHO.
Retired from flying.
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate everyone point of view.
AGLyme

Post by AGLyme »

I am not looking for a plane partner, but, I believe the poster is smart to reveal his biases right up front. We have all heard war stories about the minority of plane partners or plane club members who don't share a first class maintenance culture, or, leaves it to the other guy to clean up the mess. To kiss a lot of frogs and reveal his biases in person is a waste of time. Which candidate is going to say "gee, I don't really like taking care of the plane, and, if I land hard and put the plane away, it is up to the next guy who pre-flights it".

Good luck finding your plane partner. I am based in Chester. I know of a couple of first class guys who are looking for a Light Sport to teach in. Happy to put you in touch with them and perhaps you could pass along planes for sale situations to each other.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Atrosa wrote:Scheduling: I only want 1 partner.
Tony, you're wise to keep it at that. We have a club on my airport with one aircraft, and 15 partners. Getting everyone to agree on anything is impossible. Kind of like a Mormon marriage.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

I also agree with Atrosa's "up front" approach. Since time is our most precious resource why waste it kissing frogs. :mrgreen:

Good luck in your search Tony.