Partnership in Jacksonville, FL

Looking for a partner? No, we're not talking about dating. Partnerships are another way to bring down the cost of flying. Use this forum to find like-minded folks in your neighborhood.

Moderator: drseti

bluesky

Partnership in Jacksonville, FL

Post by bluesky »

Hello,

I am looking for people to start or join a partnership in Jacksonville, FL.
I was in a 172 partnership in NYC but we just moved here and I want to keep flying. I am very flexible so hit me with anything :-)

Thanks,

Bluesky
Scooper

Re: Partnership in Jacksonville, FL

Post by Scooper »

bluesky wrote:Hello,

I am looking for people to start or join a partnership in Jacksonville, FL.
I was in a 172 partnership in NYC but we just moved here and I want to keep flying. I am very flexible so hit me with anything :-)

Thanks,

Bluesky
Have you tried checking out bulletin boards for partners wanted at Craig (KCRG) and Herlong (KHEG)?
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

I would say wait another few months.

If you can hold the job yourself ( that's the crucial part :-) ), with almost 30 million people out of work and a lot of large states still projecting shutdowns going for a month or longer ... this is going to make Great Depression look like a minor bump and with planes being essentially luxury items I would expect tons of deals entering the market ( and I do mean deals - I think even 30-40% off once people realize that this will take another decade or so recover from )
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Warmi wrote: . . . . . with almost 30 million people out of work and a lot of large states still projecting shutdowns going for a month or longer ... this is going to make Great Depression look like a minor bump and with planes being essentially luxury items I would expect tons of deals entering the market ( and I do mean deals - I think even 30-40% off once people realize that this will take another decade or so recover from )
Fake news.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Wm.Ince wrote:
Warmi wrote: . . . . . with almost 30 million people out of work and a lot of large states still projecting shutdowns going for a month or longer ... this is going to make Great Depression look like a minor bump and with planes being essentially luxury items I would expect tons of deals entering the market ( and I do mean deals - I think even 30-40% off once people realize that this will take another decade or so recover from )
Fake news.
I hope it is but working with a financial company dealing mostly with various public entities ( state and local ) - this is just first wave of layoffs and almost 30 million people not producing anything is sending ripples thru economy.

For instance ( what I am familiar with ) state and city budgets are being literally devastated right now and this will result in some kind combination of large public sector layoffs and/or huge tax increases which in turn will result in further slowdowns and ripples and so on and on.

It may be fake news to you, but certainly is not for 27 or so million people who are out of work and can't even get their unemployment check ...
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Warmi wrote:
Wm.Ince wrote:
Fake news.
I hope it is but working with a financial company dealing mostly with various public entities ( state and local ) - this is just first wave of layoffs and almost 30 million people not producing anything is sending ripples thru economy.

For instance ( what I am familiar with ) state and city budgets are being literally devastated right now and this will result in some kind combination of large public sector layoffs and/or huge tax increases which in turn will result in further slowdowns and ripples and so on and on.

It may be fake news to you, but certainly is not for 27 or so million people who are out of work and can't even get their unemployment check ...
Thank you for your civil rebuttal. Seriously.
Points are well taken.
Bill Ince
LSRI
drseti

Post by drseti »

Warmi wrote:with planes being essentially luxury items I would expect tons of deals entering the market
This is already happening, Warmi. The owner of a plane I've been lusting after for several years (some of you who know me personally will know exactly what plane this is) contacted me two weeks ago. He told me that, due to circumstances beyond his control, he needs to sell his plane, and offered it to me first.

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (in fact, the same circumstances he is encountering), I had to pass. But, if my financial losses reverse sooner than expected, it's not inconceivable that I could end up owning my dream plane.

These are strange times indeed.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

drseti wrote:
Warmi wrote:with planes being essentially luxury items I would expect tons of deals entering the market
This is already happening, Warmi. The owner of a plane I've been lusting after for several years (some of you who know me personally will know exactly what plane this is) contacted me two weeks ago. He told me that, due to circumstances beyond his control, he needs to sell his plane, and offered it to me first.

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (in fact, the same circumstances he is encountering), I had to pass. But, if my financial losses reverse sooner than expected, it's not inconceivable that I could end up owning my dream plane.

These are strange times indeed.
If you don't mind sharing, what is that "dream plane?"
Bill Ince
LSRI
chicagorandy

Post by chicagorandy »

Paul, you seem like a really nice guy, I hope you get to enjoy your dream.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
drseti

Post by drseti »

Wm.Ince wrote:If you don't mind sharing, what is that "dream plane?"
It's been discussed in other threads on this site, Bill, so I'll give you some hints. It's an LSA, it's red, it's a taildragger, it resembles a Globe Swift, and it's the only one of it's kind in the US. :wink:

Oh, and my investment losses over the past two months would have paid for it. :cry:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

chicagorandy wrote:Paul, you seem like a really nice guy, I hope you get to enjoy your dream.
Thanks for the kind words, Randy. I refuse to believe that nice guys finish last. :D
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

drseti wrote:
Wm.Ince wrote:If you don't mind sharing, what is that "dream plane?"
It's been discussed in other threads on this site, Bill, so I'll give you some hints. It's an LSA, it's red, it's a taildragger, it resembles a Globe Swift, and it's the only one of it's kind in the US. :wink:

Oh, and my investment losses over the past two months would have paid for it. :cry:
Okay Paul, got it!
Bye the way . . . good choice. I had completely forgot about that airplane. Very cool.
Bill Ince
LSRI