Wings of Freedom

Fly-Ins are excuses for pilots to go somewhere and eat. Airplanes. Food. What else could you ask for? Know of an upcoming fly-in? A great $100 hamburger? Don't keep it a secret. Share it here!

Moderator: drseti

HAPPYDAN

Wings of Freedom

Post by HAPPYDAN »

For those interested, and in the Pacific northwest, the Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom tour will be landing here at KPWT Bremerton WA around 1:00 on Monday 6/17/19. They are expected to showcase a B-17, a B-24, a B-25 and a P-51, and remain through Wednesday. This event was not previously scheduled to be here, so this came as short notice.
HAPPYDAN

Re: Wings of Freedom

Post by HAPPYDAN »

I went yesterday and really enjoyed the displays. Being able to go through the B-17 and B-24 was a very enlightening experience. I gained a new appreciation for what those brave souls must have endured. Besides the tour, they were offering half hour ($2200) and full hour ($3200) flight lessons in either a P-51D or P-40N fighter planes. Frankly, if money were no object, I would gladly jump on an hour lesson in each. Well, there's always a chance at the Lottery! Next week, the tour will be in Yakima.