Sport Pilot Traveling DPE

Paul Hamilton is one of the first persons to become a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner) for sport pilots. As a full-time author and sport pilot expert, he writes books and produces DVD's for Aviation Supplies and Academics (ASA). Now Paul has graciously agreed to answer your questions here. Thanks Paul! For more information about Paul, please visit www.Paul-Hamilton.com and www.Sport-Pilot-Training.com.

Moderators: drseti, Paul Hamilton

drseti

Sport Pilot Traveling DPE

Post by drseti »

Fellow pilots,

As many of you are aware, I became a Designayed Pilot Examiner reluctantly, only after several of my students experienced difficulty in finding a DPE willing to instruct in LSAs or experimental aircraft, and sometimes having to wait months to schedule a checkride when the finally did find one. From other threads on this site, I see that this same problem exists nationwide.

In response to this common issue, I am now pleased to offer my services as a Sport Pilot Examiner nationwide (providing, of course, that the applicant is willing to cover my travel expenses!) I direct any interested applicants to my Examiner website for rates, scheduling, and details:

http://SportPilotExaminer.US

and would further invite all Sport Pilot candidates (whether flying with me or not), as well as their Recommending Instructors, to avail themselves of the extensive, free prepatory material available on that site.

Safe Skies,
Paul
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US