Pixel 3 commercial. Landing plane and cell phone rings

Topics related to aviation provided mostly for humor and amusement purposes. Offensive or abusive posts will be deleted.

Moderator: drseti

Wm.Ince

Re: Pixel 3 commercial. Landing plane and cell phone rings

Post by Wm.Ince »

Type47 wrote:
TimTaylor wrote: . . . there are at least two liberals here, but one is scared to open his mouth.
Perhaps it is discretion rather than fear...
He’s the smartest one between the two.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

TimTaylor wrote:. . . I don't care if someone agrees with me or not. When they call me a liar, I will respond.
By the way . . . is Tim Taylor your real name?
Bill Ince
LSRI
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Wm.Ince wrote:
Type47 wrote:
TimTaylor wrote: . . . there are at least two liberals here, but one is scared to open his mouth.
Perhaps it is discretion rather than fear...
He’s the smartest one between the two.
You can say that again Bill. :mrgreen:
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

TimTaylor wrote:If I want a hug, I'll get it from my wife of 50 years (values). I don't care if someone agrees with me or not. When they call me a liar, I will respond. When you make some of the comments you make, I will respond. There are two or three others here who do the same thing. I will respond. There is a history here that was here long before you came around. Thanks anyway.
Well I guess none of that sunk in and why did I think it would? Please go get a hug and stop grumbling all the time. No one wants to hear it anymore and please stop preaching your values to everyone, do you really think that is productive? If we wanted to hear your values or political views we'd ask. You are not our father so you dont have the right to tell us how to behave in life. We are all adults here and can think for ourselves. Just because someone's values dont align with yours doesn't mean they are wrong.

Yes Tim, you've been a member here longer than I have, so what? Do you want a lollipop? You may have a lot of knowledge when it comes to flying and I'm glad you share that information. But sharing your values and political views on a forum that is not meant for it is simply not be welcomed here. I'm not saying you shouldn't respond to comments made directly at you, go ahead, but to tell others how to act is not your position.

You keep saying you are leaving this forum and will stop posting, put up or shut up. Leave or continue to read things that you may not always agree with and by all means share your opinion. But you dont get to hover here and then tell others how to act because their values, political affiliation or beliefs differ from yours.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

1) This thread was apolitical up to its being hijacked.

2) I will call hypocrisy. It was stated only those of low character pick and choose which laws to follow. Then a few posts later the same poster says he would ignore the fact that a broken strobe renders a Cirrus unairworthy.

We ALL pick and choose how scrupulously we follow the letter of the law. And that’s not a left/right or liberal/conservative thing. And even if it is, it’s out of place in this forum, unless the administrator chooses to dedicate a subforum to it. Other aviation forums have or have had such subforums, called “Hot Section” or “Spin Zone” or similar.

And how the heck does Donald Trump fit into using cellular in the air? Seriously.
Last edited by FastEddieB on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
drseti

Post by drseti »

OK. Tim calls values. Shawn calls put up or shut up. Eddie calls hypocrisy. Now I call time out.
One more off-topic post, and I'm going to lock this thread!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Thanks Paul for getting us back on track, ironically my cell phone just rang, that's not off topic is it? :mrgreen:
drseti

Post by drseti »

That depends, Shawn. Are you flying?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

drseti wrote:That depends, Shawn. Are you flying?
That was a good one! :D
Bill Ince
LSRI
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Wm.Ince wrote:
drseti wrote:That depends, Shawn. Are you flying?
That was a good one! :D
OMG, that was a good one, I'm LMAO right now, thanks. :mrgreen:
Jim Hardin

Post by Jim Hardin »

Good thing I put my coffee down before I read that or I would be wiping my monitor down!
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Jim Hardin wrote:Good thing I put my coffee down before I read that or I would be wiping my monitor down!
That was a good laugh as well, thanks Jim. It might have been coming out of your nose also. :mrgreen: