A question for Paul...

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

3Dreaming

Re: A question for Paul...

Post by 3Dreaming »

For best all around performance I would suggest that with full throttle your RPM be somewhere around 5500 to 550 RPM. Again this is based on my experience with the 912 mostly with the CT aircraft, but also with a P2008. As for my adjusting method I use my homemade system. Sensenich has pitch pins for normal adjustment, and that is what they are referring to when they say they went from a 4 to a 5. Legally it takes a LSRM, A&P, or a repair station to adjust the prop pitch, unless you have an experimental airworthiness certificate.
Ergo1

Post by Ergo1 »

I appreciate the education. I'm new to light sports aircraft, it's another world when compared to conventional aircraft.
Be Well and Stay Safe
drseti

Post by drseti »

I'm a little late to the party here, but I fully concur with what Tom has posted.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US