CS prop marked inop?

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

designrs

Re: CS prop marked inop?

Post by designrs »

drseti wrote:Not necessarily. A converted SLSA can be converted back only with the approval of the original manufacturer. Since such approval has liability implications, it is highly unlikely that the original manufacturer will grant such approval.
There are probably one or two manufacturers which will do that (but not many) especially if they have had a constant relationship with the owner.
- Richard
Sport Pilot / Ground Instructor
Previous Owner: 2011 SportCruiser
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

designrs wrote:
drseti wrote:Not necessarily. A converted SLSA can be converted back only with the approval of the original manufacturer. Since such approval has liability implications, it is highly unlikely that the original manufacturer will grant such approval.
There are probably one or two manufacturers which will do that (but not many) especially if they have had a constant relationship with the owner.
Hi Richard,

Even with a good relationship I highly doubt ANY manufacturer would allow this. They simply have too much to lose. No one should go into the E-LSA conversion process thinking "I'll switch it back when I'm ready to sell". It just isn't gonna happen. :mrgreen:

Beside, who'd wanna go back, the freedom of E-LSA is unmatched.
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

I do know of a SLSA that was moved to experimental R&D, then returned to SLSA.
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Wow what company was that? Did the company has an interest in the R&D?