Gobosh fuel

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

arizonarotors

Gobosh fuel

Post by arizonarotors »

Hi,
I'm trying to find out if E10 auto fuel is safe to use in the Gobosh.

I've read the appropriate Rotax documentation and it is clear E10 is okay for this particular engine.

I know the Gobosh has a composite tank. I'm trying to determine if this composite tank is adversely affected by E10.

Thanks,

Jim
drseti

Re: Gobosh fuel

Post by drseti »

arizonarotors wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:12 pm Hi,
I'm trying to find out if E10 auto fuel is safe to use in the Gobosh.

I've read the appropriate Rotax documentation and it is clear E10 is okay for this particular engine.

I know the Gobosh has a composite tank. I'm trying to determine if this composite tank is adversely affected by E10.

Thanks,

Jim
Check the Gobosh operating and service manuals, Jim. There can be lots of things in the fuel system that could be adversely affected by ethanol. If the manuals don't specifically list E10 as an approved fuel for the airframe, I wouldn't chance it. Some manufacturers test for ethanol compatibility - I'm not sure whether Gobosh ever did.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
arizonarotors

Re: Gobosh fuel

Post by arizonarotors »

Thanks for the reply Paul.
For folks that are accustomed to Lycoming and Continental engines and 100LL fuel, this stuff can be.............interesting.
I keep reading about how bad 100LL is for 9 series engines and many of the airframes; but then simultaneously read about how bad E10 is.
Confusing doesn't begin to describe it.
Seems like the safest course of action is to run 100LL and accept shorter maintenance intervals.
Thanks again,
Jim