TL Ultralight Stingsport

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

Warmi

Re: TL Ultralight Stingsport

Post by Warmi »

For the red cube installation make sure to follow their instruction and install it dowstream of a gascolator.
Last year when i was installing a new avionics package my mechanic ended up installing it upstream ( right under the fuel selector in the cabin cause it was convenient )and after about 3 hours it got clogged ( because plane was sitting idle for a few months ) and failed - thankfully it failed open (as it was designed to fail) so it just stopped reporting ….
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
yabiah

Post by yabiah »

I have talked with a DAR and started the ball rolling to E-LSA.
I sent him pdf's of the logbooks and made an account on AWC.FAA.GOV as he requested.
He also needs to see the weight and balance along with an equipment list.
I now need to acquire the appropriate placards;
EXPERIMANTAL &
“PASSENGER WARNING—THIS AIRCRAFT IS AN EXPERIMENTAL
AIRCRAFT AND DOES NOT COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR
STANDARD AIRCRAFT"

For those who have E-LSA'd in the past, please let me know if I'm missing anything
or if you have any suggestions that may help this go as smoothly as possible.
Thanks,
Tim
StingSport N606N S-LSA / Retired Long-distance motorcyclist; IBA #558
3Dreaming

Post by 3Dreaming »

If you don't have a bunch of paperwork from when the airplane was delivered new, order the CD from the FAA for your airplane.