Sebring Light Sport Convention

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

SWeidemann

Sebring Light Sport Convention

Post by SWeidemann »

Greetings,

I got the latest post from AVWeb that reports on among other things, the Sebring event. There are some interesting and encouraging reports.

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/a ... tml#196995

I'm especially interested in the AMD Patriot with the Continental 0200 engine.
WSW
KellyZ

Sebring Exhibits

Post by KellyZ »

I wasn't able to attend, but I've got a couple of questions for those of you lucky enough to have made it.
1. Did anyone ask Cirrus when they expect to have all of their Service Centers set up to service Rotax engines?
2. A local Tecnam Bravo owner sent me some photographs of the new Tecnam Eaglet. It appears that Tecnam has dispensed with the easy-open "clamshell" cowling feature. The fellow who sent me the pictures said he didn't pay any attention to the cowling, so I'm wondering if anyone else did. I thought the cowling set-up on my friend's Bravo was one of its best features, and I hope Tecnam hasn't elected to make a change there.
tadel001

Post by tadel001 »

No worries, the Cowling on the Eaglet at Sebring was for the prototype aircraft. They will have the exact same access as the previous Tecnams. Two quick latches and you can access a side of the engine.

I agree, it is one of the best features. In the flight school, we love having our renters/students be able to easily check the fluids and inspect the engine without having to remove the entire cowling.