Czech Aircraft Work (CAW) files for bankruptcy - Sportcruise

Talk about airplanes! At last count, there are 39 (and growing) FAA certificated S-LSA (special light sport aircraft). These are factory-built ready to fly airplanes. If you can't afford a factory-built LSA, consider buying an E-LSA kit (experimental LSA - up to 99% complete).

Moderator: drseti

vwvectors

Post by vwvectors »

Bob I don't think anyone is saying your not being truthful but u should have put some kind of disclaimer in your post . Especially since you are familar with the the company...
Opinions are like armpits everybody has a couple & they usually stink .
bob_anderson

CZAW is 100% bankrupt as of Sept 4, 2008

Post by bob_anderson »

Finance department confirmed that from Sept 4 CZAW is published on insolvent registry of the Czech Court official web site
Final decision about the destiny of the company should be done in December by the Court.

I have been warning people about this, so I do hope that Chip Erwin has not taken more money from others. I am writing about this because the USA aviation press is not. So don't take it out on me.

Link:
www.justice.cz - type in "Czech Aircraft Works"

or

https://isir.justice.cz/isir/ueu/vysled ... sAtOnce=50

a copy in czech language:

Příjmení/název: Czech Aircraft Works

Údaje platné ke dni: 09.10.2008 - 15.46
POČET NALEZENÝCH DLUŽNÍKŮ 1

1 / 1
Detail Obchodní rejstřík
Spisová značka: KSBR 27 INS 1207 / 2008 vedená u Krajského soudu v Brně
(reference of the case at Regional Court in Brno )
Jméno/název: CZECH AIRCRAFT WORKS spol. s r.o.
IČ: 25110969
Rodné číslo / Datum nar.: /
Sídlo: Kunovice, Na Záhonech 212, PSČ 686 04
Stav řízení: V úpadku (bankrupt)
V úpadku od: 04.09.2008
bob_anderson

CZECH AIRCRAFT WORKS (CZAW) IN BANKRUPTCY

Post by bob_anderson »

Here is it...finally!!!

EAA February 6, 2009 Volume 9, Number 5
CZECH AIRCRAFT WORKS (CZAW) IN BANKRUPTCY
CZAW. The Regional Court in Brno, Czech Republic, has declared Czech Aircraft Works a bankrupt company. It has appointed Pavel Novak as the Trustee in bankruptcy for the company. The Court has ordered the debtor to dispose of its assets, and we understand that this sale is currently expected to occur through a tender process in February 2009. Anyone with questions regarding CZAW aircraft orders or accounts, or having interest in the company, is advised to contact Mr. Novak, e-mail: [email protected]. Watch EAA's website and its publications for updates regarding this situation.

I just hope that everyone interested in a Sportcruiser did not put any money down, as I have been warning about this for months. Note that this press release is coming from the EAA and not me.

Are Danny and Chip, who were at Sebring FL, still telling everyone that all is OK? Is Chip going to do what he did with Nextair where he made the company go bankrupt and than purchased it back for next to nothing?
CharlieTango

Post by CharlieTango »

bob,

to prevent chip from buying the assets for ten cents on the dollar you could always bid eleven cents on the dollar. :?
Murrell

Post by Murrell »

Geesh !

This thread been going since Apr. 1-08 !

Sounds like someone has a _ _ _ _ _ _ against some people !

Crimeny let it rest.

Start on GM, Ford, Chrysler, lot's more big losers going bankrupt.

Get a life, go fly your Sports Plane { If you have one } :roll:
LightSportFlyer

Post by LightSportFlyer »

NO - DON'T let it rest. Sport Aircraft Works, CZAW's U.S importer, used to boast on their web page how they were going to be # 1 in sales soon - there was just no doubt about it. Reality tells a different story as the sales stats on Dan Johnsons site thru December 2008 show CZAW was in 7th place having sold 77 LSA's vs # 1 Flight Design's sales of 284 aircraft. Companys that go bankrupt don't become # 1 sales leaders.

I met Danny from Sport Aircraft Works at Sebring a couple of years ago and out of the many LSA salespeople I spoke with he was by far the most arrogant. I walked away and promised myself I'd never buy an LSA from him no matter what the price.

Its no wonder his kind went bankrupt. Vote with your wallets people, there are far better companys out there who you can trust with just as good or better product and who will treat you with respect as well.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Murrell wrote: Get a life, go fly your Sports Plane { If you have one } :roll:
If you have one WHAT, life or sport plane?? :wink:
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
ShawnM

Re: Czech Sport Aircraft (CSA) files for bankruptcy - Sportcruiser

Post by ShawnM »

Here we go again folks, Czech Sport Aircraft (maker of the beautiful SportCruiser LSA) has filed for insolvency and once again changed their name only to try again a third time to make it in this LSA market. This is the classic definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. :mrgreen:

https://www.novinky.cz/ekonomika/clanek ... mpaign=web
drseti

Re: Czech Aircraft Work (CAW) files for bankruptcy - Sportcruise

Post by drseti »

This is the successor to the company Milan Bristela used to work for. I'll bet he's glad he left during their first bankruptcy.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

The writing was on the wall 2-3 years ago.
Mismanaged to the hilt.
Absolutely terrible (as in 'none') customer support.
It's really too bad . . . because it is a really good looking airplane.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Wm.Ince wrote:The writing was on the wall 2-3 years ago.
Mismanaged to the hilt.
Couldn't agree more Bill, all true statements.
Sadly, they really do deserve this as they brought all this on themselves.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

ShawnM wrote:
Wm.Ince wrote:The writing was on the wall 2-3 years ago.
Mismanaged to the hilt.
Couldn't agree more Bill, all true statements.
Sadly, they really do deserve this as they brought all this on themselves.
So where are you going to get your parts now ? ELSA status is definitely helpful when it comes to generic parts but how about SportCruiser specific parts ( airframe , landing gear etc ) ?
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Warmi wrote:So where are you going to get your parts now ? ELSA status is definitely helpful when it comes to generic parts but how about SportCruiser specific parts ( airframe , landing gear etc ) ?
I stopped supporting them years ago when they stopped supporting me. :mrgreen: I think I've bought 3 parts from the factory in 7 years and I could have easily made those also, I just purchased to save time. There's nothing on my plane that I can't make myself or have made. That's never been a worry for me, ever. I use CAD almost on a daily basis and I own a CNC machine and have access to many CNC machines to make anything I could ever need. The most tricky part is the canopy but it's just a fiberglass frame with an acrylic canopy. I can have new glass made right here in Florida at AeroCanopy (formerly Todd's Canopies). The composite landing gear is made by Comlet and can be purchased direct from them. Parts have never been an issue for me.
JJ Campbell

Post by JJ Campbell »

Is this the Merlin PSA (Personal Sport Aircraft) - single seat E-AB?
Sport Pilot ASEL
Tecnam P92 Eaglet
fatsportpilot

Post by fatsportpilot »

So is CZAW proper gone and replaced with something new? That's a shame because they always made good aircraft even if the Bristell is better. If they backed BRM Aero instead and merged then maybe they could get the price down and manufacturing up instead of just trying to change their own name and trying to keep going on their own. They are pretty much the same design so it'd make sense.

I'm kind of surprised that CZAW was even doing bad because their planes are well designed and pretty popular trainers. Were they just selling for way too low or did something else bleed their money away?