The RV-12 SLSA acquisition process.

Here's the place for you to post videos and photos of your favorite airplane or most interesting flight. Commercial posts should go instead into the Want Ads forum.

Moderator: drseti

MovingOn

Re: The RV-12 SLSA acquisition process.

Post by MovingOn »

Last edited by MovingOn on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

Jack,

I've been on the VAF sites, specifically RV-12, for quite a while. One of the reasons that helped me decide was the wealth of experience thee.
Quite literally you can ask a question (that's probably been asked many times before) and you will quickly get a good and accurate response with info that you can use. Which is of course, priceless.
drseti

Post by drseti »

FastEddieB wrote:3) It uses substantial control rods instead of cable for the full run to both the elevator and ailerons.
But, still cable for the rudders, am I correct?
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

Guys,

I have quite a few e-mails, posts and texts to meet and see the plane! After taking time off to get this done and fly back I have to catch up with the honey-do list as well as some other stuff. Plus…I have to schedule the 25 hour Rotax inspection ASAP.

That being said I'd love to meet up and there are a few airfields half-way with restaurants that we can look at. Give me a little time to catch up and we can certainly plan something!

Cheers, Howard.
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

drseti wrote:
FastEddieB wrote:3) It uses substantial control rods instead of cable for the full run to both the elevator and ailerons.
But, still cable for the rudders, am I correct?
Yes.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Nomore767 wrote: That being said I'd love to meet up and there are a few airfields half-way with restaurants that we can look at. Give me a little time to catch up and we can certainly plan something!

Cheers, Howard.
Mini Fly-In! :D

Might I suggest Barnwell, SC or Mountain Empire in VA.

Both have MOGAS. There's a "Chick and Pig" restaurant and a courtesy car at Mountain Empire.

Mountain Empire might get some from points north involved.

Again, Copperhill has it's own appeal.

Keep us in the loop - I'm easy.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
MovingOn

Post by MovingOn »

Last edited by MovingOn on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nomore767

Post by Nomore767 »

Barnwell is going to be one of my frequent destinations as it has the 93 Non-ethanol though I haven't been there yet.

There is a guy I've talked to on the phone, Robin Riley who was #1 in line to buy an SLSA when they started building them. He told me he could have had #1 but bought a unit further down, maybe #6.

He has an RV-12 SLSA and might be a good person to hang out with if you're interested in the plane. I think he said, when we spoke, that he's thinking abut building one, too, but I'm not sure.

That might be a good spot to plan on in the near future. Don't know about a lunch place but I'll give Robin a call soon and see what's up, I need to have a chat with him anyway.
MovingOn

Post by MovingOn »

drseti

Post by drseti »

drseti wrote:
I might take the 2 day maintenance course for extra knowledge
As it happens, I'm hosting one of the Rainbow 16 hour LSRI courses here in Lock Haven, on 22 - 23 November. Details on the AvSport Facebook page, at https://www.facebook.com/events/692374840855774/?ref=22. Come visit us at scenic and historic Lock Haven if you get a chance!
That course is a go, and starts bright and early next Saturday morning. For those interested, there might still be a seat or two open. Contact Rainbow Aviation for details or to register.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

drseti wrote:
drseti wrote:
I might take the 2 day maintenance course for extra knowledge
As it happens, I'm hosting one of the Rainbow 16 hour LSRI courses here in Lock Haven, on 22 - 23 November. Details on the AvSport Facebook page, at https://www.facebook.com/events/692374840855774/?ref=22. Come visit us at scenic and historic Lock Haven if you get a chance!
That course is a go, and starts bright and early next Saturday morning. For those interested, there might still be a seat or two open. Contact Rainbow Aviation for details or to register.
Paul,
Any difference in the course you are teaching and the one offered at Lockwood?
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
drseti

Post by drseti »

The LSRI curriculum is set by (or at least approved by) the FAA, Bill - so no, there's basically no difference. Theirs is just as good as ours. :wink:
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

I just checked with Carol Carpenter. There are still seats open, should anyone care to register. Talk to Peggy at (530) 824-0644. FAA mandates a maximum class size of 16.
Prof H Paul Shuch
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US