Who Else Has Left Bad "Stuff" Inside Their Cowlings?

Here's the place for you to post videos and photos of your favorite airplane or most interesting flight. Commercial posts should go instead into the Want Ads forum.

Moderator: drseti

Warmi

Re: Who Else Has Left Bad "Stuff" Inside Their Cowlings?

Post by Warmi »

ShawnM wrote:I painted my oil cap bright red and when I remove it I always put it up on top of the cowling so even if I close up the cowling or the oil door it's sitting there staring me in the face. :mrgreen:

We're all human and make mistakes, it happens.

Thankfully, in my 250 hours so far , my biggest and I think only mistake was taking off with one magneto off - hopefully it will stay that way.
All in all our little LSAs are pretty easy to handle and don’t even offer many chances to screw up badly - via distractions or otherwise.
Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

ShawnM wrote:I painted my oil cap bright red and when I remove it I always put it up on top of the cowling so even if I close up the cowling or the oil door it's sitting there staring me in the face. :mrgreen:
Excellent idea, Shawn!
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Whatever works!
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator