Anyone here ever LSA train at Skyraider Aviation, Inc.

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Rex

Anyone here ever LSA train at Skyraider Aviation, Inc.

Post by Rex »

Just wondering if anyone here has been to Skyraider Aviation, Inc. for LSA training? I see from their website they offer three different aircraft to train in. I may move to Loveland, CO and wondered how Skyraider Aviation treats their customers?

Rex
Have a good day! :)
Join the best LSA group on the internet.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sport_Aircraft/
ibgarrett

Skyraider Aviation

Post by ibgarrett »

Rex,

I started my LSA training there last November with Skyraider and although I've never trained anywhere else (so as nothing to compare it to), I have to say I'm having fun and things are progressing with my training. I should solo before the end of the month if I can get my homework done in time.

I'm learning to fly in the Sportstar with an eye on the Remos and the Gobosh as planes to be checked out in after I get my license. Chris is the owner and he's very easy going where it counts and settles for nothing but perfection where it's important (aircraft care and maintenance, flying skills, etc.). I've been training with Dennis Moss for the most part, but Chris has filled in for a few weeks while Dennis was out. Dennis has been flying in Colorado for over 3 decades and knows every nook and cranny of almost every airport that we've flown over. Bob Stark is another one of their CFI's that is a pleasure to work with.

I haven't been up in the Remos or Gobosh, but the Sportstar is a very capable aircraft. All three are hangared all the time. Chris treats his customers very well and is open to listening to ideas and suggestions at all times. There's a mandatory once-a-month Skyraider club meeting where everyone gets together to discuss some of the going-ons in the club, safety issues that need to be pointed out and generally beer and pizza. So it's a great place to meet other fellow pilots or soon-to-be pilots.

Loveland is about a 30 minute drive to the Erie airport, either via I-25 or 285. One of the things that I like about learning at Erie is it' a non-towered airport and for the most part everyone there is very friendly. I like the non-towered part because there's rarely, if ever, a wait to take off or land - and I have a hard enough of a time keeping the plane on track without having to spend all of my time communicating with a tower. That will come with time. The friendliness factor is nice as well as I've walked up to other aircraft owners to chat with them about their airplanes, and everyone has been very gracious with spending as much time as possible answering my questions - no matter how silly.

That's probably way more information than you were looking for, but the bottom line is I've found it to be a great experience so far.

Brian
Brian Garrett
[email protected]