Got my sport ticket last Saturday!!

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Fooey

Got my sport ticket last Saturday!!

Post by Fooey »

I've been lurking and reading these posts for a few months now. A lot of negative views on flight training winging around here. And perhaps rightfully so.
There were a few times I wondered if it was worth the hassle. With thousands of pages to read and understand it is not an easy row to hoe. I have spent way more time in the books than in the plane. I decided that the hurdles I faced were standard practice so if I wanted to fly I had to play the game all the other pilots endured. It was up to me, not them, to get the ticket. With that mindset, whatever came up I did what was necessary to get through it and the process became easier. I am now a sport pilot and proud to be in the company of others that have done the same.

Fly safe and fly often,
Fooey

PS- When you are flying home from the checkride with that big a** grin on your PIC face you will realize all the temporary hassle was worth every minute!!
ka7eej

Post by ka7eej »

CONGRATULATIONS... GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!!
Owner of N3081X (Cover Girl) A Beautiful Allegro 2000 as seen on the cover and inside of several magazines!!
bryancobb

GRRRREEEEAATTTTT!

Post by bryancobb »

Have fun and STAY FAR AWAY FROM THUNDERSTORMS!
Bryan Cobb
Sport Pilot CFI
Commercial/Instrument Airplane
Commercial Rotorcraft Helicopter
Manufacturing Engineer II, Meggitt Airframe Systems, Fuel Systems & Composites Group
Cartersville, Ga
[email protected]
NismoRR

Post by NismoRR »

Congratulations Pilot! :P Enjoy and be safe! The reading and learning has really just begun.
drseti

Re: Got my sport ticket last Saturday!!

Post by drseti »

Fooey wrote:I have spent way more time in the books than in the plane.
That's exactly as it should be. Time in the plane makes you an airplane driver. Time spent in study makes you a pilot. (Which you now are -- congratulations!) And, since the books can be read in any weather, at any time of the day or night, and don't have Hobbs meters attached to them, they give you a far better return on investment, in the long run, than just concentrating on flying time.

Now, to out, have fun, fly often, and stay safe! :D
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US