FAA: Renew Paper Pilot Certificates: Notice Number: NOTC4465

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

designrs

FAA: Renew Paper Pilot Certificates: Notice Number: NOTC4465

Post by designrs »

As a Student Sport Pilot I just received this email from the FAA:

The FAA is under a mandate to replace all paper certificates with plastic certificates. If you do not replace your paper certificate on or before March 31, 2013, you will no longer be able to exercise your privileges!

All certificated Airmen, including mechanics, repairmen, pilots, etc., are required to replace their paper copy with a plastic copy, or they will no longer be able to exercise the privileges of that certificate.

The best way to get a new replacement certificate is to follow the instructions at http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificate ... placement/

Upon following the link, registering for Airmen Services, and clicking "Renew Certificates" I was presented with:

THIS CERTIFICATE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR RENEWAL ONLINE
STUDENT W/NO RATING # 301

Can anyone tell me if the paper Student Pilot Certificates are subject to (or exempt from) the mandatory replacement notice?
Thanks!