Landings

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

drseti

Re: Landings

Post by drseti »

Great stuff, Eddie, and certainly worthy of consideration. Come to think of it, when I flew the Cub (from rear seat; zero forward visibility), I did indeed look out the left side.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
RTC'83

Re: Landings

Post by RTC'83 »

To all and FasteddieB

First of all, I went flying this morning. The lesson plan was to go from KDTO (Denton, TX) to KAFW (Allience in Fort Worth, TX) and practice landings. On the way in to KAFW, the tower asked me to widen my pattern. 3 Fighter Jets we’re taking off. It was a great experience to share the airspace with those awesome planes. On the second touch and go, an Amazon Jet was asked to hold short for me, the instructor told me, “you have to impress them with our landing”. I was exited, first time I experience this type of traffic. Awesomeness!

I just want to let all of you know that your advice, made me feel more at ease. I am much improve from the last lesson and you’ll input contributed to that. I am not there yet, definitely feel more competent, knowing what I need to pay attention too.

I can’t wait for next weeks lessons!
RTC’83
Sport Pilot