Student Pilot in Texas

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

seabolt

Student Pilot in Texas

Post by seabolt »

Hey everybody, I've been lurking on this forum for a while and finally decided to join and introduce myself. I've already gathered a wealth on info that has answered many of my questions that I had about flying as a sport pilot.

Anyways, I started my training about three weeks ago in a J3 Cub and had my third flight scheduled for tonight. Sadly, my instructor was killed Tuesday evening shortly after taking off from his airstrip in a Cessna 150. Mr. Phillips was a real nice guy and its a shame that it happened.

I want to continue with my training at one of the other schools in the area, but it sure was nice to only be 15 minutes from the guy's place.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the air soon and hopefully being able to contribute something to this community.
glyn

Post by glyn »

oh wow man.. im very sorry to hear that! is there an NTSB report on what happened?
www.sportflyers.org

www.ussportplanes.com

if you can't fly right.... fly upside down
seabolt

Post by seabolt »

Just a preliminary:

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_i ... 1933&key=1

The cause is still unknown.