Student Sport Pilot in New Mexico

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

MegL

Re: Student Sport Pilot in New Mexico

Post by MegL »

Sounds like good advice; I’ll push on!
APS

Post by APS »

Apologies, I have not tuned into this discussion for quite a while.

Meg, yes, Jean Luc is still teaching and I suspect has openings for students.
You can train with him for sport pilot and/or private pilot -- whatever you decide. He teaches and flies everything (light sport, multi-engine, etc).

If you send me an email I can forward you his information.

Best, Tony
[email protected]
jpleonard2000

Post by jpleonard2000 »

I passed my checkride on April 6 and am now a Sport Pilot. Sadly, two days after my checkride a tragic accident occurred in the plane I trained in, destroying the aircraft and taking the lives of an experienced flight instructor and his student. No one knows what caused the accident yet. I probably won't be doing any flying for a while as this was the only LSA rental in the vicinity. I feel somewhat selfish thinking about these things after a tragedy like this, but I do still want to keep current and continue flying. If anyone knows of any light sport aircraft rentals or flying clubs in or around Albuquerque please let me know. Thanks. Fly safe.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Flying Sting S4 ( N184WA ) out of Illinois
akroguy

Post by akroguy »

That is just horrible news.

Santa Fe...high and often windy. Density altitude, never good with airport elevation 6348' MSL.

Tailwinds and eternal peace to those lost.
2006 Evektor Sportstar SE
E98 Los Lunas, NM