SP Student - Arlington, VA

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

JJ Campbell

SP Student - Arlington, VA

Post by JJ Campbell »

Hi!
I am a 73 year old primary Sport Pilot student from Arlington, VA (near the Pentagon). I am currently post solo and soon, I hope to be unsupervised 25 mile radius unsupervised solo.

I take lessons at Chesapeake Sport Pilot at W29 Bay Bridge Airport on a couple of lovely fixed-wing Tecnam P92 Eaglets (15HV & 562TU).

My goal is to get my FW certificate and then start transition training for a gyroplane endorsement. There is a lot of gyroplane activity at W29 and, for me, it was love at first sight!
Sport Pilot ASEL
Tecnam P92 Eaglet
HAPPYDAN

Re: SP Student - Arlington, VA

Post by HAPPYDAN »

Proof, once again, age is just a number (I'm 68). Feel free to pursue your dream, wherever it may lead you. Oh, and watch out for the TFR's - I hear they are quite common in that part of the world!
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Welcome, JJ.

Another septuagenarian (77) here. Congratulations on soloing in the Eaglets, and here's to some great gyroplane adventures in the future.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
Half Fast

Post by Half Fast »

Welcome, JJ. I earned both my sport and my private tickets in a P92 Eaglet. Enjoy the training, and best of luck as you finish up.
1/2
----------------
I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
drseti

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, JJ. 73 is exactly the right age to be flying (it's also my age, so perhaps I'm a bit biased). I'm a fixed wing guy, but I've had a wonderful flight in a gyroplane, and it was enough to make me see the allure. If I were to allow myself one more toy, it would probably be that.

Fly safely, and often. And thanks for posting.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US