Introduction

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

pilotyoung

Introduction

Post by pilotyoung »

I am a retired, corporate pilot. For 18 years I flew several model Citations. As you all know, aviation is an addiction and while I was working I got my fix working. When I retired, I was not getting my fix anymore so I bought an RV-12 in Feb 2018. I have flown it about 175 hours and really enjoy it. Last summer I did some upgrades to the RV-12, installed ADS-B in and out, installed the auto-pilot control module and the knob module, installed a Tosten grip with pitch trim on the grip, and hooked up the AOA (I have Dynon avionics). That process got me into the mood to build an airplane and I am currently looking at buying or building a Onex. I am currently considering both options as well as finding a partially completed project to build. I am going to Oshkosh next week and hope to make a decision on the Onex after the show.
Scooper

Re: Introduction

Post by Scooper »

Welcome to Sport Pilot Talk! One of my buddies is building a Waiex with his dad, and a Zenith CH750 Cruzer by himself. You'll find lots of company with similar interests here. OSH should be a blast this year with many new toys being introduced.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)