Hello from Georgia

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Sam

Hello from Georgia

Post by Sam »

I'm currently a student with 40 hours currently working on scheduling my light sport check-ride.

I did my training on a Remos GX and Remos G300 at SimplyFly in Chicago, Illinois. Had to leave because of the pandemic. Now I'm in Georgia and have been flying the SkyCatcher at KGVL.

I recently flew in a Rans S12 at AtlantaSportFlying, great guy, unfortunately training with him would require me to buy a plane.

I'm looking to get to know other flyers in Georgia. Maybe, find a club or partnership that has an LSA of some type. Looking for a partnership or co-ownership.
Sling 2 Pilot

Re: Hello from Georgia

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

Welcome! Finding LSA instruction and rentals is a bit harder than standard training in or renting legacy aircraft. Good Luck in your search and check ride.
gtylerdowdy

Post by gtylerdowdy »

Hey Sam,

Feel free to reach out to me.

I live about 15 minutes from KGVL and own a LSA. I bought it in February. It's hangared at a grass strip close by.

I'm a low time pilot as well. And know an awesome Sport Pilot instructor if you're willing to drive a little bit.

770-344-8691

-Tyler
MrMorden

Post by MrMorden »

I'm ten minutes away at Winder (KWDR) airport. Maybe the local folks can get together after all the recent unpleasantness subsides.
Andy Walker
Athens, GA
Sport Pilot ASEL, LSRI
2007 Flight Design CTSW E-LSA
Sam

Post by Sam »

MrMorden wrote:I'm ten minutes away at Winder (KWDR) airport. Maybe the local folks can get together after all the recent unpleasantness subsides.
Give me a heads up and I'll be there!
HornedFrogGrant

Post by HornedFrogGrant »

Welcome aboard. Best of luck on your checkride!
Grant
Sport Pilot - ASEL
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Welcome aboard Sam!
You are in a good place. Plenty of experience here in the light sport realm.
Good luck with your flying and happy landings. :D
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator