Another new member from North Georgia

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Nsconductor

Another new member from North Georgia

Post by Nsconductor »

Hi everyone. New member here and just wanted to say hi. I’m a former Army helicopter pilot. I hold Commercial Certificate - Rotorcraft Helicopter and Glider as well as Instrument Helicopter, Advanced Ground Instructor and Instrument Ground Instructor. Getting ready to do a proficiency check in a LSA SEL Jabiru 250-SP if the weather ever gets better here. Hopefully this week. I fly out of KJZP. Seriously kicking around the idea of buying a SEL LSA in the near future.

Roger
drseti

Re: Another new member from North Georgia

Post by drseti »

Welcome aboard, Roger (and welcome home - you'll find quite a few fellow veterans on this site).
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Welcome!

I was based just north of you in Copperhill, TN, and we still have a home in N GA, just south of there in Mineral Bluff. We recently relocated to near Knoxville on a private strip, but are back and forth a lot.

I'm also a CFI, and bought a new Sky Arrow S-LSA back in 2007. Took it EXPERIMENTAL in 2009. Have done the lion's share of maintenance and inspections on it since then.

Love to get together and chat some time if you make it up this way.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
drseti

Post by drseti »

FastEddieB wrote:bought a new Sky Arrow S-LSA back in 2007. Took it EXPERIMENTAL in 2009. Have done the lion's share of maintenance and inspections on it since then.
In fact, for those interested, Eddie's Sky Arrow is the subject of my upcoming free EAA Webinar, "Fast Track to Experimental," to be presented live on Wednesday night, 8 July, at 8 PM Eastern. You can register online at:
Http://eaa.org/webinars

Fair warning - we can only accommodate 1000 virtual attendees, and my webinars fill up fast (first come, first served). If you miss the live presentation, the video will be available afterward on my website:
Http://avsport.org/webinars
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Welcome aboard, Roger!
For Light Sport enthusiasts, you've come to a good place. Lots of experienced LSA folks here.
Looking forward to your participation.

Class 69-5
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Nsconductor

Post by Nsconductor »

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Now if the Wx would clear up a bit. Looking forward to engaging with the group.

BTW Bill...85-50
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Welcome, Roger. I'm originally from northeast Florida (Jacksonville), but got stationed at Vandenberg AFB, California in 1962 and stayed out here after my separation from active duty. Lots of great folks here on Sport Pilot Talk.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)