Oklahoma Enthusiast

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

Champguy

Oklahoma Enthusiast

Post by Champguy »

Hi all! I reside in Central Oklahoma and am an avid aviation enthusiast. Although I'm not a certified pilot, I took primary instruction back in high school in a Champion Citabria. Have about 8 hours solo time, but need to learn all over again as I'm now 68. Light Sport seems just the ticket as I do not really need PPL at this stage.

Seems there are plenty of CFI's in Oklahoma but very, very few interested in teaching for LSA cert. In fact, so far, I have found none who can or want to instruct in their own aircraft. Thinking of taking multiple road trips out of state to do training.

For now, I guess flying a 172 on the simulator will have to do! Hope to see y'all at KOSH this year!
drseti

Re: Oklahoma Enthusiast

Post by drseti »

Welcome to the forums, ChampGuy. Finding Sport Pilot instructors is a problem everywhere, not just in OK. Persevere - you'll find somebody!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
malexander

Post by malexander »

Good afternoon Champguy.
You are in luck for sure. I'm 62 years old, live in Oklahoma City on a private airport (Twin Lakes 2OK2) just SE of Tinker about 6 miles. I'm going tomorrow afternoon to take my CFI-S written test. With any luck, I should have my instructor's cert by April or May. I currently own a Cessna 150, RV9A, and partner with my brother in a 172, and a Rans S6S LSA. Where abouts in Central OK are you located? I would definitely like to hear from you. Shoot me a text or call me at (405) 417-6077.
drseti

Post by drseti »

malexander wrote: I'm going tomorrow afternoon to take my CFI-S written test. With any luck,
You won't need luck, Marshall. I'm sure you're going to ace it!
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
malexander

Post by malexander »

drseti wrote:
malexander wrote: I'm going tomorrow afternoon to take my CFI-S written test. With any luck,
You won't need luck, Marshall. I'm sure you're going to ace it!

Thank you much Paul.....I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon.