Howdy from Phoenix, Az

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

yabiah

Howdy from Phoenix, Az

Post by yabiah »

First Post;
Mine seems to be a common path...
3rd class med & student pilot cert issued 1988. 7.3 hours in a 152. Impregnate wife. Life happens, etc.
33 years later, health problems delay med cert so I opt for the Sport Pilot route.
8.9 hours in a Remos GX and I'm on my way.
Flying out of KGEU.
StingSport N606N S-LSA / Retired Long-distance motorcyclist; IBA #558
Mikey B

Re: Howdy from Phoenix, Az

Post by Mikey B »

Welcome! I did my initial training at the old Glendale airport, now closed for decades. Haven't been to the "new" one yet. But I'm sure it's still a beautiful area for flying!
JimParker256

Post by JimParker256 »

Welcome aboard! I was about 6 hours away from being ready for my Instrument Rating checkride back in the early 80's when I left the Army. At that time, I held Commercial / Instrument Helicopter, and Commercial ASEL (no Instrument Rating).

I didn't fly again for 30+ years (career, family, money, in no particular order). Then one day I went to an airport near my office and flew an LSA (CSAW Sport Cruisers) to see if I still had that itch to get back into flying... I loved it, and it was like I had never taken that break from aviation...

Fast forward a few years (and a few airplanes), and I came to realize that Light Sport flying is my "thing..." I'm now the proud owner of a really nice 2007 RANS S-6ES "trike" with large tires for flying into rougher fields, and I'm loving every minute of it. Light Sport flying is a total blast! STOL in an LSA is even better! And LSA make the perfect "introduction to aviation" for the EAA Young Eagles program (I'm our chapter's Young Eagles coordinator). Between flying my RANS and riding my Aventon Aventure fat-tire e-bike (averaging over 100 miles of road and trail riding per week!), I'm having way too much fun in my retirement!
Jim Parker
2007 RANS S-6ES (Rotax 912ULS)
Light Sport Repairman - Airplane - Inspection
Farmersville, TX
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Welcome aboard! 8)
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
yabiah

Post by yabiah »

Passed my checkride last week, woot!
I am now a certificated sport pilot "license to learn".
Looking forward to the knowledge I gain as I invest in $100 burgers with family & friends.
StingSport N606N S-LSA / Retired Long-distance motorcyclist; IBA #558
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

Congratulations!
Fly safe and keep learning. :D
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator