Treasure Coast A&P / iRMT

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

FabricGATOR

Treasure Coast A&P / iRMT

Post by FabricGATOR »

Greeting Ladies and Gentlemen of the light sport enthusiast community.

I am a mechanic (and pilot) who is learning the in's and out's of $LSA / ELSA and keeping them flying...
When I was asked by a friend to inspect a 914 powered Tecnam Astore, I was hooked. Looked to me like it would be like flying an iPhone/Ferrari.

I took my Rotax training at Lockwood in Sebring, FL and while I was there for a week, I wandered into the Tecnam USA facility. Wow...

Now halfway through my $2200 week of training, I was told that Rotax has free software to diagnose the Rotax 9i series engines. Then they told me that I have to purchase a special wire to connect it to my laptop.
It wasn't long before I realized the irony of the 912 i$ being painted John Deere green.

Additional obstacles and expenses are continually being realized in near futile attempts to retain the $LSA status, I can see where many (perhaps to their own peril) choose to surrender their Special for Experimental.

Any experience and guidance that you can grant to me would be greatly appreciated as I strive to keep flying affordable.

Cheers!
Kurt S
Rotax iRMT/ A&P mechanic
Custodian of a 1944 USAA surplus LSA, an Aeronca o-58b
FabricGATOR

Re: Treasure Coast A&P / iRMT

Post by FabricGATOR »

BTW, I am still looking to purchase a Rotax BUDS set (dongle) if anyone knows of one floating around a hangar collecting dust because it is no longer needed.

Please keep me in mind...

I am loading up to drive over to Sun n Fun 2024 this afternoon. Hopefully I can find one at the Hangar Swap or a show special.
Kurt S
Rotax iRMT/ A&P mechanic
FabricGATOR

Re: Treasure Coast A&P / iRMT

Post by FabricGATOR »

... also, I am looking to purchase a Rotax BUDS wire (dongle) if anyone knows of one that someone has that is no longer needed.

Kurt S
Kurt S
Rotax iRMT/ A&P mechanic