Hello from SoCal

Pilot? Student pilot? Future pilot? Interested in learning to fly? If you're reading this forum, you've got flying in your blood! SportPilotTalk is a great place to ask questions about this exciting new segment of (more) affordable aviation!

Moderator: drseti

socalpilot

Hello from SoCal

Post by socalpilot »

Greetings,

I am in the process of choosing which LSA or possibly Experimental aircraft to purchase. I am here to learn and look forward to interacting with you guys.

Cheers,
Joel
Private Pilot, Complex
Sling 2 Pilot

Re: Hello from SoCal

Post by Sling 2 Pilot »

socalpilot wrote:Greetings,

I am in the process of choosing which LSA or possibly Experimental aircraft to purchase. I am here to learn and look forward to interacting with you guys.

Cheers,
Joel
Welcome Joel, be sure to visit The Airplane Factory, if you haven’t already, in Torrance (KTOA) and fly the Sling 2.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Welcome Joel.
Retired from flying.
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Welcome to Sport Pilot Talk, Joel. There's lots of good information to digest here.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
ShawnM

Post by ShawnM »

Sling 2 Pilot wrote:Welcome Joel, be sure to visit The Airplane Factory, if you haven’t already, in Torrance (KTOA) and fly the Sling 2.
Welcome Joel.

I second that, I was just at The Airplane Factory about 3 weeks ago with another Sport Pilot Talk member while I was out on the west coast. We got a complete tour of the aircraft and factory assembly area. Very good people to deal with and great customer service.
socalpilot

Post by socalpilot »

Thanks all!!

And yes, the Sling and Torrance are definitely in the mix!
Private Pilot, Complex
RTK

Post by RTK »

Welcome Joel!

The Aircraft Factory (as suggested) is a great place to visit. Friendly folks, awesome aircraft. I love my Sportcruiser, but if I ever needed 4 seats, that Sling 4 or Sling TSi is definitely a strong contender.

KFUL has the California distributor for Pipistrel. Friendly guy and worth a visit as well. He’s got a box hangar on the SouthEast side (near Hangar 21).

What are you looking for in an LSA? High wing vs. low wing, what’s the mission, etc? (Sorry if I’m being nosey...)