King School does not teach this

Sport aviation is growing rapidly. But the new sport pilot / light-sport aircraft rules are still a mystery to many flight schools and instructors. To locate a flight school offering sport pilot training and/or light-sport aircraft rentals, click on the "Flight School And Rental Finder" tab above. This is a great place to share ideas on learning to fly, flight schools, costs and anything else related to training.

Moderator: drseti

Atrosa

King School does not teach this

Post by Atrosa »

So i have made it throught most of the sections of the King Schools online traing and nowhere have I seen anything about Chem Trails. When am I going to learn about how and when to deploy Chem Trails? Does the CFI cover this?

Also is the a switch or is it altitude triggered?
TimTaylor

Re: King School does not teach this

Post by TimTaylor »

Have you started taking flying lessons yet?
Retired from flying.
Scooper

Post by Scooper »

Uh, Google "chemtrails." Nothingburger.
Stan Cooper (K4DRD)
Private Pilot ASEL LSRI
Experimental AMD CH601XLi-B Zodiac LSA N601KE (KSTS)
drseti

Post by drseti »

To learn all about chemtrails, you'll have to fly into Area 51.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Type47

Post by Type47 »

That comes in the advanced training.
Along with the Earth is really flat lesson.
Type47
LSRI
INTJ
2006 Tecnam P92 Echo Super
Don’t do the thing that almost killed you until you at least get the staples taken out of your head first….
Wm.Ince

Post by Wm.Ince »

drseti wrote:To learn all about chemtrails, you'll have to fly into Area 51.
Actually, you really don't have to go that far.
Bill Ince
LSRI
Retired Heavy Equipment Operator
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

TimTaylor wrote:Have you started taking flying lessons yet?
Nope. Jeremy and I are in need of a plane. The only LSA i know of to rent in CT is a J3 cub and I don't have the desire or proper moustache that curls around to fly one of those.

I will still buy one if the right one comes around. I heard that Phil Smith at windham airport is working on a deal with an LSA manufacturer to be a representative. I don't want to disclose publicly which manufacturer as it is not finalized. I'm waiting to see what happens. In the meantime I will knock out the written test.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

There's nothing wrong with a Piper J3. I have a bunch of hours in one, including a seaplane rating. Those hours will count when you finally purchase something else.
Retired from flying.
nub_pilot

Post by nub_pilot »

I also started my King training, but don't plan on taking the test until I have a solid plan of plane and instructor setup because once you take the written a 2 year timer starts. if you don't finish in that time, you will have to take the exam over again.

I had a meeting with the owner of the Cub, which is also my instructor. I am just a bit outside the weight limit for the Cub and having a hell of a time getting below the limit. I have heard that some folks at Chester (KSNC) are looking to start an LSA chapter in which they are possibly looking to start with a Champ. Don't know anything and this is way early for any details. Also Mike (owner of the Cub) is also looking at alternatives for rental and training through the Chester Charter (possible lease back from an owner). All is too early to tell.

Tony, I am interested in learning about the Windham deal, they used to have an LSA there also but apparently sold it. That would be perfect if they had something to rent and train out of (30min from home).

There is also a lot of unknown being thrown around with regards to the changes to the LSA limitations. Spoke with a gentleman from MI who Involved in the changes and stated that they are about 18 months away from finalizations. He stated that a lot of "other" planes could become LSA eligible.
drseti

Post by drseti »

nub_pilot wrote: I have heard that some folks at Chester (KSNC) are looking to start an LSA chapter in which they are possibly looking to start with a Champ.
If you're too heavy for the Cub, you'll have the same problem with a Champ. Both have 1220 pound max gross, and empty weight of both is between 790 and 820 pounds.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Hey Jeremy give Phil a call. http://learn2flyct.com/
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

Hey Jeremy give Phil a call. http://learn2flyct.com/
Atrosa

Post by Atrosa »

drseti wrote:
nub_pilot wrote: I have heard that some folks at Chester (KSNC) are looking to start an LSA chapter in which they are possibly looking to start with a Champ.
If you're too heavy for the Cub, you'll have the same problem with a Champ. Both have 1220 pound max gross, and empty weight of both is between 790 and 820 pounds.
Don't forget the cool handlebar moustache.
TimTaylor

Post by TimTaylor »

Those are both great airplanes. I would love to own either.
Retired from flying.
nub_pilot

Post by nub_pilot »

Atrosa wrote:Hey Jeremy give Phil a call. http://learn2flyct.com/
I'll reach out to him and see what the plan are. thank for the info.